Senior Manager, Total Rewards
BUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It’s been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products—from every day household items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people’s lives through the work that we do. We’re looking for people like you to help make it happen.
CSA Group has an opportunity for a Senior Manager, Total Rewards in its Toronto office reporting into the Vice President, Total Rewards.
This role is responsible for the development and maintenance of total reward programs that are aligned with CSA business goals and support the ability to attract, motivate and retain employees worldwide. This role will assist with strategy development and manage all local and international aspects of the Total Rewards portfolio including: Compensation, Benefits, Pensions, and Relocation (Expatriation and International Assignments).
- Responsible for the development and administration of the organization’s global total Compensation program, including: wage, salary, incentive plans, and job evaluation. Responsible for organization-wide annual salary budget and annual compensation planning process. Ensures programs are competitive and in compliance with all relevant legislation (e.g. Canada Pay Equity).
- Reviews and recommends incentive compensation design, including the annual short term incentive program (e.g. reviewing STIP targets), and the sales incentive program. Manages the sales incentive program including working with the Commercial Unit Vice Presidents and Finance to ensure timely processing of payments, collecting employee feedback and development of plan design recommendations.
- Manages the plan design, development, administration and cost containment measures of the organization’s Benefits programs, including: medical, dental, disability plans, health and wellness initiatives, and post-retirement benefits.
- Manages the plan design and administration of the global Pension plans including: Defined Benefit Plans, 401K plans, Defined Contribution Plans and other related retirement benefit vehicles. Supports the Global Pension Committee (GPC) by preparing agendas, minutes, etc. and participates as a member on the USA Retirement Savings Plan Committee.
- Supports the CSA Board Committee, Human Resources and Compensation Committee (HRCC), through attendance at all meetings (in person or remote) and preparing agendas, minutes, etc.
- Provides direction and input to collective bargaining sessions with respect to pension, benefits and compensation (base & variable) related issues.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and administration of global expatriation and relocation programs.
- Delivers a transparent global communications approach to promote an understanding of the total rewards philosophy to ensure employee engagement and performance. Oversees all total rewards content on the intranet as well as documentation/transactions for employee self-service and manager self-service related to compensation, benefits, pension and relocation.
- Manages and provides direct leadership to HR staff of approximately three. Motivates and leads a high performance team by building career paths for professional growth, through goal-setting, continuous feedback, mentoring and training.
- Communicates and liaises with internal contacts, including senior leadership and managers to build effective relationships and improve HR processes and customer service levels. Manages external consultants, vendors, and suppliers, as appropriate.
- Leads additional projects as requested, including planning and implementation, research and problem resolution, mergers and acquisition integration; responds to reporting requirements and performs cost/benefit analysis. Proactively partners with Finance department on budgeting and accrual of all total rewards programs.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Master’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS), Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) designation is preferred but not essential.
- Certificate in Global Benefits Manager preferred.
- 10+ years of HR generalist level experience.
- 5-7+ years of senior level HR and management experience
- In-depth knowledge of compensation including sales compensation, pension plans, and benefit plans, with multi-country experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Detailed analytical, problem solving and computer (Microsoft Office) skills.
- Strong people management skills.
Some travel required (within Canada and internationally).
How to apply:
Please apply directly on our website. A link to the job posting is given below:
Go to csagroup.org/careers and search by Job Title OR requisition # J1118-0332.