Employee Relations Manager Bilingual
Part of the Human Resources Division, HR Solutions provides managers and employees with a dedicated, single point of access for professional, accurate and confidential employee relations support, counsel on work issues, and guidance on leaves of absences and policy interpretation.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Bilingual HR professional to join our growing team! In this newly created position, you will be providing first-level Human Resources support, education, and consultation, to employees and managers regarding general employee relations (ER) issues, HR policy interpretation and leave of absence (LOA) management across all Fidelity Canada offices and business lines.
What You Will Do
- Respond to questions regarding employment, compensation, time away from work policies, employee issue resolution and performance management
- Provide education on various HR tools and resources, and prepare and deliver training on HR programs
- Assess the nature of incoming issues, and respond or determine escalation route based upon level of complexity, urgency and/or severity
- Diagnose and resolve policy interpretation issues including making recommendations to revise existing policies
- Investigate complaints and develop an action plan to manage the investigation. This includes working with the HR Business partners, interviewing employees, identifying root causes and making recommendations after reviewing the facts of the case
- Coach managers and employees with difficult decisions and discussions. Topics may include termination of employment, employee issues, LOAs and performance management
- Assist managers with writing corrective action documentation
- Provide coaching and assistance to employees to help them constructively resolve issues
- Act as a liaison, where necessary, between the employee, the HR service providers, the manager and/or HR Operations
Experience, Education and Licenses
- Completion of a University degree
- 7 years progressive human resources experience including 2+ years in employment relations
- Bilingualism in English and French
- Experience interacting with all levels of employees and management
- Experience working in the financial services industry is an asset
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation is an asset
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of Quebec employment relations legislation and best practices including the Employment Standards Act
- You are able to maintain objectivity, while balancing manager and/or employee wants/needs with corporate practices and policies
- You are able to assess situations and make recommendations based on experience, knowledge and circumstances of each situation
Relationship Management Skills
- You are able to build immediate rapport with managers and employees over the phone and in person
- You are adaptable and work effectively in a variety of situations with individuals and/or groups at various levels of seniority
- You are able to clearly and concisely express and present information, ideas and opinions in a manner consistent with your audience and medium (in writing, in person, over the phone, group setting)
- You are able to maintain the utmost confidentiality and demonstrate considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- You are able to handle conflict and effectively manage difficult or emotionally charged situations
As bilingual candidates must be fluent in English, please ensure your resume is in the English language.
By applying to this job, you are consenting to receive an automated acknowledgement of your application. Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please e-mail us at: FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.