Human Resources Business Partner
Who we are
We are an organization comprised of industry thought leaders who are passionate about health data and want to make a difference in the health care field. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization and together with our partners we provide essential information on Canada's health systems, enabling decisions that lead to healthier Canadians. As a valued member of the CIHI team, you and your work will have a pivotal role in the evolution of Canada's health care systems.
CIHI is recognized as an exceptional place to work that embraces diversity, respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation.
At CIHI, we recognize what matters to our employees. Some of the benefits of working at CIHI include
- Generous vacation days
- Flexible benefits program from your first day on the job
- HOOPP Pension Plan (Defined Pension)
- Retirement Planning Program
- Work-life balance
- Career Planning Program
- Learning and Professional Development Program
Why is this role important?
Under the direction of the Team Lead, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides strategic advice and guidance to management and staff regarding all areas of human resources including leave administration, disability management, policy interpretation, recruitment, learning and professional development, performance management and employee relations. The HRBP provides strategic consultative services to the management of the assigned portfolio to ensure that the business units receive the appropriate HR services to best meet their business objectives in support of the organization’s strategic plan.
What you'll do
1. Provides strategic advice and guidance to management and staff regarding all areas of HR including leave administration, disability management, policy interpretation, recruitment initiatives, learning and professional development, performance management and employee relations.
2. Provides leadership to HR Generalists – i.e. recommends solutions to HR Generalists concerning HR program delivery, recruitment and selection, and compliance with legislative requirements.
3. Conducts research, reviews best practices and prepares recommendations for changes or enhancements to current HR practices (i.e. policies/process; surveys etc.). Drafts briefing notes for senior management approval of new HR programs and services.
4. Provides strategic guidance and coaching to supervisors and management team on employee relations matters and staff performance issues. Assists in the development of measurable performance improvement plans and ensures compliance with employment standards.
5. Overall accountability for the recruitment and selection program for assigned client group to ensure effective workforce planning. Provides advice to hiring manager and assists in resource planning in compliance with recruitment policies and procedures.
6. Acts as Subject Matter Expert on an assigned HR function (Compensation, Disability Management, Recruitment, etc.) which may include completing projects, delivering internal training workshops, revising existing policies or other related work.
7. Coordinates the delivery of programs in support of the overall HR Initiatives such as: workforce planning, recruitment strategy, learning and professional development, and performance management.
8. Develops, coordinates and proposes work plans to support the implementation of HR programs as they relate to the overall HR initiatives.
9. Conducts research, recommends and coordinates employee training sessions. Promotes internal Learning and Professional Development curriculum and provides input into future offerings.
What you'll bring to the table
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Completion of, or actively working towards, obtaining a Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) required.
• 5 years of relevant and progressive experience working in Human Resources in a complex corporate environment delivering high quality strategic advice regarding employee relations, compensation, HRIS, disability management, and talent acquisition with an emphasis on behavioural based interviewing.
• Strong computer skills; experience using an applicant tracking system and high level proficiency with MS Office suite of tools is required. Experience working with Njoyn and/or Agresso would be an asset.
• Committed to service excellence and demonstrated success working in an integrated HR client service-delivery team. Experience working in a business partner model is preferred.
• Thorough knowledge and experience working with relevant employment legislation, and knowledge of current industry trends related to human resources.
• A self-directed individual who thrives on initiative, continuous improvements and is proactive in the delivery of HR Services.
• Experience in analyzing HR reports to drive business discussions to support human resources strategies.
• Excellent interpersonal, organization and negotiation skills. Strong business acumen with the ability to apply a broader corporate perspective.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience conducting HR Program research and compiling, synthesizing and recommending best practices to the HR department.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and complex environment and to work collaboratively in a virtual team
• Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
To find out more about this role and other exciting opportunities visit our website at www.cihi.ca and check out our 'Careers' section.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At CIHI we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.