Strategic Human Resource Manager
WE ARE A PEOPLE COMPANY
Designing for people, for community, for society is what drives us in our work and it’s reflected in the way we run our firm. It’s the people that make HCMA what it is, and with our recent growth, it's time to add a dedicated strategic thinker to focus on human resources and to be part of the team that leads us forward.
As HCMA's first Strategic Human Resource Manager, you are a thought leader on people, culture and organizational topics and you thrive in a setting where your ability to lead a people-centered work environment is matched by your skills at implementing HR strategies and initiatives that are aligned with the overall business strategy. You understand both people and business and instinctively know that building a collaborative culture anchored to integrity, high performance and innovative thinking is critical to meeting organizational goals. You love a challenge and you're motivated by the opportunity to use your leadership abilities, business acumen and genuine appreciation of people towards the advancement of your community and an amazing organization.
Responsibilities and key deliverables:
- Leads the development and implementation of an industry specific people/culture strategy that incorporates recruitment, retention, engagement and rewards.
- Responsible for the completion of an integrated workforce planning model that ensures we have the right staff at the right time, and that we have the right staff on the right projects.
- Develops and executes an operationalized human resource plan that ensures our people work within consistent and clearly defined procedures relating to performance management, career development, salary reviews, on-boarding and off-boarding.
- As a strategic participant, contributes to the development of the organization's mission, vision, plans and programs, and particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translates the organization’s overall strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Manages day-to-day HR operations for employees while ensuring compliance with all applicable employment laws, with support from studio administration team.
- In collaboration with the leadership team, reviews and enhances compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance. Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs against relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Conducts a comprehensive analysis of current HR operations and updates and/or develops appropriate policies, procedures and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization.
- Promotes a culture of inclusiveness and collaboration by creating programs that embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds, and permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Analyzes and re-engineers existing processes and systems to create best practices that benefit employees and the firm.
- Provides excellent internal service and acts as a main point of contact for employees who have HR questions on policies, procedures, programs and interpersonal expectations.
- Provides support, coaching and expertise to leaders within the organization with the intention of building a team of exceptional people managers.
- Business acumen and HR expertise with strong desire to develop and grow high performing staff and leadership teams
- Relationship management and a passion for human connections and culture
- Ethical practice and a deep understanding of how strong company values influence culture
- Exceptional leadership abilities anchored in radical candor, trust, empathy and integrity
- Visionary with ability to see beyond what "is" to what "could be"
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Organized and thorough, with exceptional attention to detail
- Minimum five years of leadership-level experience, including at least three years within HR
- Degree in Business, Human Resources or Organizational Leadership
- CPHR designation, or ability to obtain one within 12 months of employment
Get creative and convince us you’ve got what it takes to contribute to our culture, align with our values, and excel in this role! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter that includes a statement reflecting why you are the right fit for or our team by Friday, February 8th.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or drop-ins please.
HCMA Architecture + Design