Human Resources Coordinator
7 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
JOB POSTING #160
Human Resources Coordinator
One (1) temporary full-time position
Posting Dates: January 9- 30, 2019
(2 year position)
Cota is an accredited community-based organization that has been supporting adults with mental health and cognitive challenges to live well within their communities for over 40 years. We provide person-centred supports that assist individuals to find inspiration and hope in their inherent strengths and support them to pursue meaningful change in their lives, as they define it. We also work collaboratively with our funders, our partners and other stakeholders, across the provincial health and social service systems, to inspire positive change in the way that services are delivered to individuals living with mental health and cognitive challenges.
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative individual who will work enthusiastically to support the delivery of safe, recovery oriented, client and family centered and comprehensive services that meet client needs, and works within a quality improvement framework to identify opportunities for improvement.
The HR Coordinator will work closely with the HR Team, Leaders and Employees to support the functions of the HR Team and to support Cota’s strategic directions regarding Investing in Our Staff.
- Acts as first point of contact to the Human Resources Team
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resource Team including minute-taking, meeting and event co-ordination and the preparation of meeting or other event materials, employment letters, contract and other documentation; prepares, edits, formats and distributes correspondence, reports, documents, mailings and presentations
- Assists with the preparation of performance review reports, police records reports, attendance reports, and other routine or ad hoc reports as required.
- Ensures that all required documentation for employees, volunteers, students and contracted agents is complete and accurate.
- Ensures the efficient input and maintenance of all employee, volunteer, student and contracted agent information and/or schedule tiles into the HRIS/Quadrant database
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Provides assistance to the Human Resources Team with respect to recruitment and retention strategies, answering routine/non-routine information from potential candidates, and employees
- In consultation with HR Generalist, coordinates recruitment process for employees, volunteers, students and/or contracted agents; scheduling interviews, conducting internal and external references, making verbal employment offers over the telephone, verifying education qualifications and experience and organizing appropriate police reference checks and other tasks assigned
- Supports Volunteer and Student placement coordination,
- Leads coordination of all onboarding activities including Cota Orientation
- Assists in special projects which may arise from time to time including completing/conducting Human Resources surveys, coordinating special events such as wellness initiatives
- Observes Cota and Divisional rules and regulations, policies, procedures, practices and current legislation, in particular, the Employment Standards Act and Human Rights Code
- Complies with all Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure every reasonable precaution is taken for the protection of workers and clients and that health and safety concerns or incidents are responded to promptly
- Other duties as assigned
- A post-secondary diploma related to Human Resources Management
- CHRP designation or present enrolment in CHRP program an asset
- A minimum of one (1) year relevant Human Resource experience, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency various computer programs (e.g., MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective team player
- Sound judgment
- Generally Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm
- Ability to work occasional weekends / evening hours
- If you are interested in this position, please forward a cover letter, along with a current résumé.
- Applications are to be forwarded to Human Resources via e-mail to: email@example.com and reference Job Posting #160
- Applications must be submitted by January 30, 2019 by 5:00pm
COTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Should you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact Human Resources