Bilingual Labour Relations/Legal/Human Resources Specialist
United Services Group – Saint-Laurent, Montreal
We are an established Canadian facility, maintenance company. We provide a variety of services to large retail and commercial businesses nationally.
About the position:
This position must perform a range of duties supporting all department within United. The duties consist primarily of labour relations with knowledge of the Parity committee, small claims experience and other HR generalist experience.
Labour Relations & Legal, Quebec & Atlantic
Legal compliance in Quebec
- Manages business and legal issues which arise in the Province of Quebec and Atlantic Canada.
- Coordinates all legal issues to comply with law and company policies.
- Leading investigations to discover facts and law of case to determine causes of action and to prepare case accordingly.
- Act as arbitrator and liaison between disputing parties.
- Contract management using precedent agreement
- Coordination of files with company lawyer or external counsel
- Attend small claims court, discoveries on behalf of United
Parity Committee Specialist
- Oversee all management of Parity committee in Montreal and Quebec Regions
- Ensure compliance to CPEEP and reporting is completed and submitted timely and accurately
Human Resources, Quebec & Atlantic
- Manage the employee life cycle:
- Manager Benefits/Rewards/Compensation/
- Manager Regulations, Policies and Procedures:
- Communicate to internal stakeholders regarding Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and regulations.
- Act as representative for unemployment claims.
- Maintain a sustainable relationship with union officials (if applicable) and oversee the adherence to wages, working hours and other regulations
- Develop and provide recommendations for policies and processes.
- Provide research as requested.
- Administer and conduct statistical analysis of all company surveys
Coaching and Development:
- Provide resolutions to employee relation issues (e.g. employee complaints and harassment allegations)
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision making and Judgement
- Providing Consultation
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Post Secondary education (diploma or degree) - in Labour Relations/HR preferred
- 5 years related Labour Relations/Legal/Human Resources Experience
- Experience with the parity committee is required
Compensation and Benefits:
Excellent compensation, benefits plan including health, dental and vision, and a pension plan given after 1 year.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to: