Director, Talent & Culture
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
The Talent & Culture team will not be your traditional HR. We embrace change and challenge the status quo and we have fun doing it. With a new strategic plan and a stated objective of becoming a Challenge based organization we must evolve our internal design. To support the strategy, we have defined specific objectives related to HOW we do our work and this shift involves a specific focus on becoming a “design led” and agile organization. As a result we will have to train current staff and evolve our culture, and teams to fit the future needs.
The Director, Talent & Culture will serve as a key member of our team, playing an instrumental role in designing and implementing Human Resources and Volunteer Engagement programs that optimize engagement, performance, development, and operational performance related to Evergreens strategic plan. The Director of Talent & Culture is an experienced leader who understands how to create, align, enhance and cultivate culture, in a diverse, dynamic and ever-evolving, learning organization with a specific focus on how to build a design led, agile, learning organization.
- Drive talent initiatives that support organizational goals and reinforce a collaborative, engaged and high performing culture.
- Provide expertise, consultation, and coaching to Executive Team, and management team to ensure the appropriate handling of all people relations issues including change management, performance, disciplinary action and terminations, coaching, and conflict resolution. Advise and coach managers to respond to employees' concerns and address issues proactively, ensuring organizational policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Develop/revise all organization policies and procedures, including Human Resources, Health & Safety, Information Technology and Finance that best meet the evolving needs of the business and the employees, while ensuring compliance with all applicable provincial and federal legislation to minimize risk/exposure to Evergreen.
- Leverage and implement relevant effective training, onboarding, and provide guidance to ensure the integrity of the performance management program and development for staff and volunteer management.
- Conduct complex employee investigations and oversee escalated employee issues.
- Assist in compiling HR metrics; analyzing, reporting and identifying trends and make recommendations to the Executive Team.
- Implement best practices for developing and deploying talent acquisition strategies.
- Evaluate and implement strategic changes to the benefits package and align with total compensation.
- Develop compensation strategy and lead year-end salary administration and programming into payroll system.
- Oversee WSIB/WSBC, AODA, OHSA reporting and respond to recommendations JHSC for implementation.
- Responsible for HR communications and employee engagement surveys that will lead to a more productive and committed workforce.
- Preparation of complex job offers based on Hiring Manager requirements.
- Act as a volunteer engagement champion and develop annual plans to support overall National volunteer engagement.
- Provide ongoing research and development in volunteer best practices for implementation aligned with Evergreens mission, strategy and business planning.
- Ensure strong volunteer data processes and systems are in place and in alignment with overall strategic needs.
- Collaboratively develop and implement a training program that will enable Evergreen staff to work effectively and cooperatively with volunteers.
Models Evergreen’s Core Values
- Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of EG. Assess difficult situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Leadership: Mobilize teams, lead by example, inspire others to achieve.
- People management. Clarify performance expectations, provides, professional/performance development support, recognizes people’s strengths & accomplishments, provides guidance while allowing independence, provides constructive and timely feedback, informal and formal (e.g., annual performance appraisal), communicates relevant information (e.g., management decisions, etc.), open to feedback.
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate, learn.
- Strategic thinking/vision. Assess opportunities and threats, options and actions based on comprehensive analysis of current and future trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of EG. See and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
- Supervises: Sr. Manager Human Resources, Sr. Manager Volunteer Engagement
- University degree in Business Administration, or related field or experience
- Must have 7-10 years of progressive HR experience in a fast-paced environment, with a minimum three years in a leadership role
- CHRE certification is a significant asset
- Solid understanding of employment legislation
- Experience investigating sensitive, confidential matters and making recommendations/decisions based upon findings
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization and work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds
- Must be able to self-manage workload and time in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to organize and follow-up multiple tasks/details with accuracy and timelines
- Successful track record managing multiple activities, effectively planning and organizing, developing others, and effectively working under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change and innovation
- General Office Environment
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please Reference “Director, Talent & Culture” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.