Human Resources Business Partner
A key leadership role for an HR professional who has a strong Generalist background as well as experience in initiating and supporting corporate strategies. This role is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate your presentation, influence and negotiation skills in addition to your labour relations and recruitment skills.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this regular full time position will provide full cycle HR services and act as a business partner to a varied client group within the organization. You will also be instrumental in championing corporate HR strategies with your client group while ensuring compliance with hospital policies and applicable legislation. Join an HR team that is dedicated to facilitating an environment that allows our staff to be more in what they do.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Business Partner is accountable to:
- Understand the client business portfolio and identify, with the leadership team within the portfolio, unit/departmental needs related to human resources issues
- Operationalize HR strategies and initiatives that meet the needs of the client group and the organization
- Bring value-added professional HR advice and counsel to leadership in areas of recruitment, conflict resolution, labour and employment matters, grievance handling and other HR issues
- Act as a resource to employees on HR issues
- Lead and/or participate in the executing of various components of the Corporate Human Resources Strategy to enhance service delivery within the organization
- Maintain an on-going relationship with local union representatives and recommend approaches for early identification and resolution of potential problems
- Degree in Human Resources, Business, Hospital Administration or related discipline required.
- Professional Human Resources certification is considered an asset
- At least 5 years related Human Resources Business Partner or equivalent experience in a customer focused Human Resources Department, including significant labour relations experience in a multi-union environment required. Must also have experience in areas of employment law, employee, grievance handling, recruitment, accommodation/modified work placements, conflict resolution, displacements/terminations. HR experience within the healthcare sector is strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Employment Standards Act, WSIB, Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Act, Pay Equity Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and proven ability to provide advice to clients on the application of these acts.
- Demonstrated advanced skills in investigation, analysis, coaching, negotiation, facilitation, communication, decision making, consultation, mediation, counseling, interviewing, change management.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading corporate-wide human resources initiatives.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse employee groups
- Competent computer skills (HRIS, Outlook, Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Demonstrated excellent attendance
Qualified candidates are invited to apply via https://sunnybrook.ca/employment/position.asp?c=2&id=5537&page=34014
To learn more about Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, visit us online at www.sunnybrook.ca.
At Sunnybrook, it’s about more than delivering quality patient care, pioneering non-invasive medicine, or exceeding all expectations for customer service excellence. It’s about having the opportunity to be more challenged, more engaged, more fulfilled as a professional and as an individual, recognized for your personal contributions to the future of Sunnybrook and of cutting-edge health care.
As one of Canada’s premier academic health sciences centres, we impact the lives of one million patients every year who count on us when it matters most. And, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we have a vibrant culture where all members of our team are encouraged to continue to learn and grow, to achieve more, to be more innovative and go the extra mile in their day-to-day encounters with patients, families and each other.
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.