Manager, Learning & Development
1 day left
- Designations Required/Preferred
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2018, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
The Manager, Learning and Development is responsible for the leadership and delivery of organization-wide Learning & Development programs, with a particular focus on building employee capabilities as well as supporting leadership development programs. The successful candidate will lead a team of highly competent professionals that identify learning and development requirements, develop or source appropriate learning solutions and customize content and delivery methods to support EDC’s strategic direction and culture. If you have a passion for learning and development, strong leadership and communications skills, big picture thinking and a desire to help shape the future EDC, then we would like to hear from you!
- Supports corporate strategy and transformation by developing, implementing and evaluating employee and organizational development plans and programs to support organizational needs as a generalist or in a combination of disciplines, such as change management, leadership development, talent management, succession planning, technical or nontechnical training, or e-learning;
- Analyzes the organizational needs and structures, determines changes to organizational responsibilities, staffing, managerial skills and the quality of work life;
- Monitors employee development and training programs, assesses needs and results, develops new programs and modifies existing programs;
- Ensures policy/program initiatives support the enterprise's strategic priorities.
- Contributes to business strategy by leading the creation and implementation of both company-wide as well as specific functional training programs;
- Establishes departmental objectives, prioritizes key actions, allocates resources and tracks metrics to ensure achievement of these;
- Provides leadership for the design, development and implementation of engaging and effective learning solutions, using a project management discipline and specialized knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design principles, and learning technologies;
- Evaluates the effectiveness of learning solutions and channels, and leads the team in identifying, analyzing and developing or renewing programs applying a continuous improvement approach;
- Develops relationships with stakeholders, subject matter experts and functional experts in order to build rapport as a trusted partner and collaborator;
- Monitors and assesses training portfolio using a metrics-based approach and provides reporting, as required, identifying project status, risks, and contingency plans;
- Manages budgets and selects and tracks vendors and consultants;
- Builds and maintains an engaged team of professionals and provides an environment where they can be their best self;
- Business owner of the enterprise’s learning management system (LMS).
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Adult Education, Business Administration with a specialization in Human Resources, or related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in leading and managing a Learning and Development team, or related experience
- Strong verbal communication in both official languages (English and French)
- Experience managing multiple budgets that in total exceed $0.5M annually
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the impact of training on overall corporate performance
- Excellent judgement, problem-solving and analytical skills as well as strong planning and execution skills
- Ability to function strategically as well as tactically to successfully manage multiple projects
- Ability to work in team environment with collaboration across multiple functional areas
- Ability to identify and execute process improvements
- Experience in successfully leading projects, developing and monitoring budgets
- Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in implementation and adoption of a Learning Management System
- Experience with pre-assessments and post-training evaluations to measure program effectiveness
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as SharePoint
- $86,000 - $128,000, plus performance-based incentive
- Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: January 25, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.