Sr. Talent Aquisition Analyst
Who We Are
Vale is a pioneering mining company that works with passion to discover and transform resources into the ingredients essential to people's daily lives. We are the world's largest producer of nickel and iron ore, and a leading producer of copper, cobalt and precious metals. Headquartered in Brazil, Vale is a truly global company, operating on five continents.
Our Corporate Office is currently seeking a:
Senior Talent Acquisition Analyst
The Senior Talent Acquisition Analyst supports the strategic recruitment process globally, aligning and implementing best practices across all Base Metals locations to deliver the optimum experience for candidates, clients and recruiters. The incumbent is the main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, manages relationships as they pertain to recruitment activities and is responsible for advising clients on best practices for sourcing, attracting and hiring job candidates.
The successful candidate must have flexibility to accommodate evening calls with clients in New Caledonia, Japan, Indonesia and China.
- Work as an internal consultant providing advice and coaching to pro-actively identify and execute recruiting strategies to fill critical positions and understand future talent requirements.
- Create innovative sourcing strategies ensuring a consistent and positive candidate experience.
- Provide advice and coaching to recruitment teams regarding recruitment strategies for various unique or difficult to fill vacancies. Provides support for management and staff recruiting through sourcing and screening of candidates
- Lead full cycle recruitment activities for the Campus Recruitment program in partnership with local colleges and universities to attract students across a variety of fields
- Acts as a strong negotiator and demonstrated ability to influence and close offers
- Act as a brand ambassador to creatively deliver candidates by promoting Vale’s brand in the marketplace and industry networks, professional associations, etc. as well as on social media accounts
- Support the Talent Management Manager on Employee Value Proposition design
- Manage recruitment costs against budget
- Lead the development of standardized recruitment advertisements and interview guides to remain current in the industry
- Develop and manage KPIs to ensure recruiters are executing to milestones and metrics and client expectations are upheld
- Analyze the recruitment process performance across Base Metals. Prepare and present recruitment dashboards, recommending and implementing changes to the recruitment process
- Provide targeted just-in-time strategic recruiting solutions that are effective, fast and flexible
- Lead management routines with recruiters to share best practices
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary diploma in HR, Business Management or a related field
Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an HR Recruitment role with a proven track record of successful HR client partnering experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in staffing, talent management and employee relations.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with hiring managers and influence recruiting decisions cross-functionally.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills, marketing and influencing skills, presentation skills, time management skills and analytical abilities.
- Experience using Peoplesoft or comparable applicant tracking system and KPIs is an asset.
- Knowledge of recruiting best practices and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively source top-quality candidates.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Vale provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities in respect to its hiring process.