Bilingual, HR Generalist
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will see us change the landscape of youth mental health in the coming years. We can’t do it alone. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take all of us. Sounds like a journey you want to be a part of? Join us!
BILINGUAL, HR GENERALIST
Location: Montreal, with travel to Toronto on a monthly basis, and some national travel on occasion
Position: Full Time Permanent with benefits
ABOUT KIDS HELP PHONE
Since 1989, Kids Help Phone has been Canada’s only national 24/7 bilingual (English and French) phone counselling, web counselling and referral service for children and youth, focused on mental health. We are pioneers in the field of virtual care. We exist to serve the 8.2 Million young people across Canada. Our values are rooted in being courageous, collaborative, innovative, resilient and trustworthy.
Reporting to the AVP, HR you must have solid skills interpreting and applying Collective Agreements, and proven experience in the complete recruitment cycle. Other areas of concentration will be creating operational policies and procedures, best practice approaches related to employee relations, training, onboarding and orientation, talent management, performance, development and compensation & benefits. This role plays a critical part of our employees’ employment journey and therefore requires exceptional internal client support; as an approachable and solution oriented HR professional you will be part of a team driving HR functional excellence and process improvement with a lens of fairness and equity for all employees.
- Drive process improvements and a passion for innovative HR solutions.
- Participate in establishing an organizational culture and a work environment that fosters high performance, customer focus, cost awareness and a sustainable future.
- Present a positive and highly professional image through the embodiment of our vision, mission, organizational values, and through HR policies and programs.
- Leader in providing exceptional customer service; ensuring an ongoing positive employee experience
- Responsible for supporting the CSSRT & EERC (employee relations and Health & Safety) and all compliance related activities and training based on Quebec and Ontario employment and occupation health legislation and regulations and all other applicable compliance legislation.
- Monitor and evaluate employee satisfaction and attrition levels and recommend strategies and employee focused programs and activities aimed to improve employee engagement and retention.
- Ensure consistent and integrated implementation of policies, programs and human resources management practices (compensation, recruitment, training, talent management).
- Research and provide advice on HR best practices and make recommendations to influence strategies and change.
- Participate in special projects as requested particularly in change management initiatives.
- Subject matter expert on all HR Processes and their downstream system impact: including but not limited to Onboarding, Job Changes, Salary Changes, Data Modifications, etc.
- Develop strong working relationship with various organizational stakeholders; working closely with colleagues locally and nationally to ensure timely and accurate transactions within HRIS systems
- Provide ongoing support within HR team on various HR initiatives; including but not limited to Talent Initiatives, Team Effectiveness, etc.
- Engagement and participation on Onboarding initiatives including but not limited to new hire orientations
- University Degree (minimum) with corresponding educational certification in HR
- 3-5 years of related experience working in Human Resources
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in Unionized environment
- Proven skills in the complete recruitment cycle
- Fluency in French and English required (oral and written)
- CHRL or CRHA Designation
- Effectively demonstrates critical thinking while constructively challenging status quo by adopting the role of a change champion.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and detail orientation skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable Human Resources/Employment laws and practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality; approach issues with objectivity and sensitivity
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
If you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being, please visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=KIDSHELP&lang=en_CA, open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled: lastname_firstname_bilingualHRgeneralist
This posting will close on Monday, January 21, 2019, 2018.
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at; http://org.kidshelpphone.ca
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program.
Kids Help Phone is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.