Human Resources Business Partner
4 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the Executive Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Business Partner is a proven subject matter expert, and has the ability to contribute to the organization as a valued business partner
- Works in partnership with a diverse portfolio of internal clients understanding their operations in order to integrate strategic human resources into their business.
- Leverages human capital measures to support management decision-making, short- and long-range planning and strategy development.
- Supporting managers in addressing complex labour and employee relations issues with the intention of supporting the business unit to achieve its operating and clinical objectives.
- With advanced experience in Human Resources and Labour Relations act as a mentor and professional practice leader for other members of the human resources business partner team
- Liaising heavily with key union leadership with a view to developing highly functional relationships that advance the objectives of the organization and contribute to Baycrest being a workplace of choice.
- Lead both formal and informal labour relations processes including grievance administration and Labour Management Committees.
- Participate in the development and implementation of HR policies, procedures and programs
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentorship to all members of the HR team
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of previous experience in a human resources generalist role
- A degree in Human Resources, Labour Relations or a related field
- Certified Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation preferred
- Skilled and forward thinking labour relations professional
- Models excellence in client service, dependable and focused on finding solutions to advance organizational goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving, conflict resolution skills and judgment
- Establish positive relationships within the organization
- Coaching, counseling and facilitation skills needed to lead managers/directors in developing effective employee/labour relation practices
- Direct health care, long term care, or public sector in an unionized environment preferred
- Full understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of relevant Employee and Labour Legislation including Employment Standards, Ontario Labour Relations Act, Human Rights Code
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going learning and professional development