Health and Safety Coordinator
Paramount Pallet – Canada's largest provider of pallet products & pallet services
With more than 30 years of experience, Paramount Pallet provides pallets and pallet services to hundreds of customers, in various industries, across Canada. We serve our customers from six facilities located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, and Montreal.
Our services include pallet repair, pallet sales, and pallet retrieval. Paramount Pallet enables companies to streamline their pallet needs.
As the nation's largest provider of pallet services, Paramount Pallet is dedicated to providing our customers with the right product, at the right price, at the right time.
Position: Health and Safety Coordinator (Rexdale)
What is the opportunity?
Are you looking to continue your career in Health and Safety? We are in search of an experienced Health and Safety Coordinator to oversee all aspects of Health and Safety, company-wide. As a key member of the Human Resources Team, this role leads the Health and Safety agenda, ensures compliance with all relevant legislation and regulation, and manages the delivery, standardization and documentation of Health and Safety-related material and initiatives.
Our Health and Safety Coordinator is the primary point of contact for all employees of Paramount Pallet regarding health, safety and WSIB matters. The incumbent will work closely with all departments and employees through each company facility, and will ensure the proper execution, support, and facilitation of Health and Safety-related initiatives, training, and exercises.
As the ideal candidate, you have an entrepreneurial flair. You approach the job with a positive attitude, are people service centric with the ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize work. With enthusiasm, you are ready to take on new challenges, working well under pressure and utilizing your excellent problem-solving skills to help others. Paramount Pallet offers a competitive Total Rewards commensurate with skills, knowledge and experience.
This role is a full‐time position located in our Etobicoke (Rexdale) Ontario Head Office, and responsible for 6 depot locations across Canada. Must be available for occasional short-term travel should the need arise. French speaking is an asset!
What will you do?
Health and Safety
Responsible for managing and driving all initiatives aimed at providing a safe work environment to Paramount Pallet employees, contractors, visitors and customers through leadership, coaching and supporting Paramount Pallet’s Health and Safety (HS) programs.
· Actively participate and lead the Joint Health and Safety committees and field employee meetings.
· Coordinate and conduct site inspections, safety meetings and new hire safety orientations
· Provide expertise and mentoring to local/national site HS designates and Safety Committees to ensure thorough understanding of their responsibilities related to the management of HS issues, policy and procedure implementations and training.
· Ensure ongoing compliance with all relevant legislative and internal operational requirements and work with managers to ensure understanding and consistent application of these requirements across the organization.
· Develop update and maintain HS Manuals, Safe Work Procedures and Safe Work Practices.
· Work collaboratively with managers and employees to support Paramount Pallet’s objective of proactive risk management and incident reduction.
· Identify and Implement Corporate and Site Training Programs related to HS at all locations for all staff to include on safe work procedures and utilization of proper protective equipment and practices.
· Ensure all employees are working within HS standards; have relevant safety certifications.
· Conduct regular and random site audits and provide related reports for trends analysis.
· Investigate all accidents, incidents and near misses and provide recommendations for improvements.
· Work with Management to implement, ensure consistency and improve the entire Health and Safety program and maintain, learn and enforce the Health and Safety regulations, policies, practices and procedures.
· Complete all health and safety reports in a timely manner including but not limited to WSIB and OHS forms and ensure accidents and incidents are properly reported. Follow up is key.
· Lead the WSIB cases and act as a governing liaison with external clients including government, subcontractors, management, WSIB and workers in relation to health and safety.
· Support the Manager of Human Resources, Canadian Operations with other HR related duties and projects as assigned
What will you bring to the table?
· 3+ years' experience in a Health and Safety role in a small to medium sized manufacturing environment (union environment preferred but not a must)
· Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and CRSP certified or eligible
· Current on Ontario Health and Safety legislation; other provincial Health and Safety regulations is a plus
· First Aid Training as asset (but a requirement for all JHSC members)
· Can-do roll up the sleeves attitude with a thirst for knowledge; excel in a fast spaced, quick change environment
· Self directed, self-motivated and able to work independently
· Detail oriented, strong data management skills
· Excellent communication skills, professional demeanour, approachable, keen listener, quick learner
· High learning agility, adaptable and flexible; effectively manage stress
· Strong organizational skills and able to manage simultaneous priorities
· Decision quality is high, ability to think outside the box to provide first contact/call resolution
- Demonstrate confidence with an ability to effectively manage conflict resolution with unionized employees
- Resilient to day to day business and people challenges; able to confront issues head on and resolve
· Proficient in MS Office Suite, strong in excel
· Able to travel interprovince
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 25, 2019.
Paramount Pallet is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request. Any information you send us will be treated with complete confidence.
Please note that we are not accepting agency resumes.
More searches like this
- Construction Industries Labour / Employee / Industrial Relations Clerk, Assistant, Coordinator 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Mississauga
- Manufacturing Labour / Employee / Industrial Relations Clerk, Assistant, Coordinator 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Mississauga
- Material Handling / Storage Labour / Employee / Industrial Relations Clerk, Assistant, Coordinator 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Mississauga
- Wholesale / Distribution Labour / Employee / Industrial Relations Clerk, Assistant, Coordinator 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Mississauga