Human Resources Superintendent
About Alamos Gold Inc.: Alamos is a Canadian-based intermediate gold producer with diversified production from four operating mines in North America. This includes the Young-Davidson and the Island Gold mines in northern Ontario, Canada and the Mulatos and El Chanate mines in Sonora State, Mexico. Additionally, the Company has a significant portfolio of exploration through advanced development stage projects in Mexico, Turkey, Canada and the United States. Alamos employs more than 1,700 people and is committed to the highest standards of sustainable development.
Position: Human Resources Superintendent
Reports to: General Manager
Role Overview: Based at the Young Davidson site in Matachewan, ON, the HR Superintendent provides a wide variety of both complex and routine administrative services in the areas of employee relations
- Provide advice to managers and employees on HR programs, service changes, employment legislation, and day to-day tactical HR matters and ensure advice and practices are consistent with company standards;
- Implement the HR strategy in YD as part of the global HR strategy, including implementing a new global HR System and championing the change management process;
- Provide input to the design of HR programs and initiatives and ensure they are successfully implemented and understood;
- Lead the recruitment function which includes building a recruitment brand, identifying effective candidate sources and tools, and candidate screening;
- Oversee and manage the performance management process including development plans, performance evaluations, and year-end review process;
- Provide employee relations services to employees/management requiring information about performance management, career planning, conflict resolution and other matters;
- Forecast HR related expenditures and manage the budget and ongoing allocation of resources; and
- Build a site culture that is consistent with the Company Values.
Compensation and benefits
- Manage the administration of compensation programs to ensure internal equity and compliance with company practices;
- Respond to queries regarding compensation and benefits programs and resolve or escalate complex issues;
- Provide guidance to management on salary administration practices, policies and procedures.
- Manage the advertising, screening, interviewing, selection, and relocation process of all new internal and external hires;
- Manage and deliver the employee induction process and ensure new employees are aware of job requirements and health and safety standards;
- Manage all employee exit procedures, including the calculation of severance, preparation of packages, leading adjustment measures and meeting with affected employees.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree or college diploma in social sciences or business with specialization in Human Resources
- Completion of or actively working towards the completion of the Certified Human Resources designation;
- A minimum of 10 years related human resource experience in a high-volume recruitment environment preferably in the mining or primary resource sectors;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supervising / leading teams and people;
- Knowledge of applicable provincial and federal employment legislation;
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial information;
- Experience building relationships with First Nations and local communities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Payroll and Human Resource Information Systems;
- Excellent communication, organization, analytical, and computer skills are required, with an ability to facilitate commitment to a cooperative team effort.
- The ability to problem solve and make sound business decisions while working independently is critical to success in this role;
- Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset.
Rewards for Your Efforts:
- Competitive compensation based upon experience;
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits; and
- Professional development training.
To learn more about Alamos Gold Inc. or to apply, please visit www.alamosgold.com/careers.