HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Eacom Timber Corporation
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Ear Falls, Ontario
EACOM Timber Corporation is a major Canadian wood products company. Its operations include the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of lumber and wood-based value-added products, and the management of forest resources. EACOM currently owns seven sawmills (5 in Ontario, 2 in Quebec), a remanufacturing facility (Quebec) and an engineered I-joists plant (Ontario). Its head office is located in Montreal, Quebec, and the company is now hiring more than 1 000 passionate people. The Company is committed to investing in strong assets, including healthy forests, advanced technology and talented people.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager for our Ear Falls Sawmill located in Ontario.
Under the leadership of the Vice President of Human Resources and in close collaboration with the Plant and Forest Management leaders, the HR Manager is responsible for implementing the strategic direction of the Human Resources and Health & Safety functions within his assigned client group.
- Plan human resource needs with the supervisors of various operating departments
- Oversee the activities of internal and external training and recruitment strategies
- Participate and collaborate in the implementation of labor relations policies and procedures, and/or other matters related to human resources management
- Active participation or act as a company representative in the negotiation of collective agreements
- Coordinate and support the administration and deployment of health and safety programs
- Participate in the development and deploy in your locations corporate human resource initiatives such as the wellness program, the annual incentive plan, the salary review process and performance management review process
- Assess the pulse and culture of the organization and provide feedback to managers and executives on ways to improve performance and employee engagement
- Counsel and assist other departmental managers and HR colleagues in the interpretation and administration of policies, programs, collective agreements, arbitration and grievance, in accordance with established processes
- Involvement in the classification, job evaluation and changes in the management structure.
- Control the orientations and tracking of changes to employment policies, compensation and benefits while actively participating in various committees
- Ensure that the company operates in compliance with labor laws
- Any other tasks related to the function
- Strategic thinking and Influence leadership as an advisor
- Creativity and capacity to question the status quo
- Analytical mind and capacity to synthesize information
- Customer focus, Result orientation and Teamwork
- Proven agility and adaptability
- Capacity to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Strive for best practices and continuous improvement
- Rigor, Integrity and Professional ethics
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or certification related to Human Resources with equivalent experience
- Member of a certified professional association in Human Resources (asset)
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience in a similar role in unionized environment, preferably within the manufacturing or forestry sector
- Fluent in both spoken and written English. French is an asset
- Facility in learning/using HR management software
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Ms Office Suite)
- Knowledgeable about occupational health and safety regulations
- Available to travel on an occasional basis
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5c41fe1338c40405bb68e302/5a04a93a6ff05d6400329333/en