Chief Human Resources Officer
Chief Human Resources Officer
North York General Hospital (NYGH) is a fully-accredited community academic hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto. It is one of Canada’s leading community hospitals, proudly serving 400,000+ residents in North Central Toronto, offering a broad continuum of integrated primary, secondary and selected tertiary services. NYGH operates 600+ acute and long-term care beds and many ambulatory programs across multiple sites.
Through partnerships, collaboration and academic endeavours, NYGH seeks to set new standards for innovative, integrated patient-and family-centred care. NYGH is committed to building on their academic mission through exceptional education, research and innovation. The Hospital continues to advance excellence in care while ensuring fiscal accountability and efficiency. The annual operating budget is approximately $400M, and NYGH has had a balanced budget for the last 14 years.
NYGH is seeking an exceptional leader for the role of Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO). In this key leadership role, the CHRO will have the mandate to develop and implement key strategies that will contribute to a high-performance, team-based culture. The CHRO will be accountable for inspiring strategic deliverables across all core human resources functions including labour relations, recruitment, workforce planning, compensation, diversity and inclusion, organizational development, volunteer services, spiritual and religious care. A key strategic advisor, the CHRO will provide leadership to a broad range of change initiatives that will effectively position the organization to advance HR best practices and proactively respond to market trends and government decisions. The CHRO will participate in creating and sustaining an organization that fosters a highly engaged, performance-oriented workforce whose outcomes are aligned with NYGH’s strategic plan and mission.
Key leadership priorities for the new CHRO will be to:
- Provide leadership, guidance and counsel to members of the Senior Leadership Team and to program area leads across the Hospital on people-related matters and HR systems, processes and policies.
- Leverage HR business metrics and strategies that champion a culture of excellence and action orientation.
- Develop and implement human resources and organizational development strategies and processes that support NYGH’s goals regarding engagement, collaboration, innovation and workplace excellence.
- Design and build an end-to-end talent management strategy that includes the continuum of recruitment and retention, employee engagement, learning & development and succession planning.
- Partner across the organization to build a more dynamic talent pipeline in anticipation of emerging workforce needs, including frontline staff and key strategic projects.
The successful candidate will have at least ten years of progressive experience in health care and/or a similarly complex environment/sector. This is a strategic leadership role that requires a leader that has successfully led an HR function in a large complex, multi-stakeholder, unionized environment. A proactive and pragmatic leader, the successful candidate will have the transformational ability to guide culture change to create a successful and progressive people culture.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please email your resume, quoting the appropriate position title, to Judy Mandelman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.