Human Resources Director
For 80 years, Kawartha Dairy has been proud to be a 100% Canadian-owned company, still operated by the same family that founded it in 1937. Although the company has grown tremendously from its early days, it remains headquartered in the beautiful lakeside community of Bobcaygeon, Ontario, where it was founded, near Peterborough, an hour north of the GTA.
Today Kawartha Dairy operates 10 retail stores and services a wide range of customers, from grocery stores to foodservice establishments and of course, ice cream parlours. The company also provides custom production services to other food companies, using Kawartha’s expertise in the business to produce ice cream and other specialty dairy items to the exact specifications of these firms.
Reflecting the growth in the brand and the business, Kawartha Dairy has recently constructed a 54,000-square-foot warehouse just south of Bobcaygeon to serve its provincial operations. The facility holds about 3500 pallets and represents the biggest capital project in the company's 80-year history.
Due to the upcoming retirement of their lead HR person, we are pleased to be recruiting a Human Resources Director to allow for this succession. The Director will provide HR leadership and expertise to the company headquarters, plant, and retail outlets. This role has leadership responsibility for the businesses full cycle recruitment, HR management, and policy/regulatory compliance.
This opportunity provides a unique opportunity for an experienced HR Manager or Leader to move their career to the next level, partnering with the Leadership Team, middle management and front-line staff to chart the strategic direction of the organization and participate in significant opportunities for growth.
This position reports directly to the CEO/General Manager, and has two direct reports (one Payroll/Benefits Administrator and one Health and Safety Coordinator). It is expected that the HR team will grow in the next 12 months to keep pace with the business growth.
Kawartha Dairy is looking for an energetic, team player with a can do attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to make a difference.
- Lead employee engagement and employee communication efforts
- Partner with the business to drive a performance based culture with respect to performance management, training and succession planning.
- Support the annual compensation process including external benchmarking, merit increases, and performance bonuses.
- Understand and apply employment & labor law, policies, practices, and compliance.
- Provide guidance to management in health and safety.
- Ensure proper procedures related to WSIB are effective and efficient.
- Keep abreast of health and safety developments and legislative changes.
- Lead policy development regarding employee development and health and safety.
- Lead external recruitment and the attraction of top talent.
- Ensure compliance with safety, health, insurance obligations and by-law requirements.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a senior HR management position.
- Designation as a Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) or Certified Human Resources Practitioner (CHRP).
- Advanced knowledge in the areas of labour legislation, regulations, compensation practices, and HR procedures.
- 2+ years of Disability Management. Working knowledge of hazard recognition, assessment and control an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Solid aptitude for detailed work and accuracy
- Manufacturing experience highly desired
- Health and Safety experience
- Local candidates will be given preference where possible.
Compensation & Opportunity
Our Client offers competitive total compensation including an attractive base salary and incentives, group benefits, retirement savings plan and the opportunity for career development in a dynamic Canadian-owned company with impressive growth potential.
For further position details and consideration, highly qualified Candidates are invited to submit their resume information in confidence to (please quote the File Reference number above):
Matthew Savino, B.A., LL.B., C.H.R.E.
Executive Search Partner
925-550 Airport Road
Peterborough, Ontario K9J 0E7
All Applications treated confidentially. While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for interview.
We are committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided as part of our hiring process (if accommodation is required, Applicants are requested to make their needs known in advance).
More searches like this
- Manufacturing Talent Management / Workforce Planning Manager 91,000 - 110,000 jobs in Bowmanville
- Consumer Package Goods Talent Management / Workforce Planning Manager 91,000 - 110,000 jobs in Bowmanville
- Wholesale / Distribution Talent Management / Workforce Planning Manager 91,000 - 110,000 jobs in Bowmanville