Your Next Opportunity
McMillan is seeking a full-time Benefits Specialist for our Toronto office. Reporting to the Manager, HRIS, Benefits and Payroll, this is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, energetic and team-oriented individual who is looking to join a dynamic team of Human Resources (HR) professionals and contribute to human resources programs and initiatives in a professional services environment.
What You Will Do
You will join a high- performing team and support a variety of HR tasks and projects. These are but not limited to;
- Effectively manage disability claims for STD, LTD and return-to-work programs for all staff and lawyers nationally
- Participate in all areas of the firm’s benefit’s programs including administrating benefits across all offices, communicating changes, organizing reports, maintain and ensure benefits data integrity
- Prepare monthly remittances including validation, analysis and preparation of service provider billings for payment
- Provide support benefit plan cost analysis including monitoring and analyzing claims experience including identification of trends
- Conduct new hire benefits and pension orientations
- Serve as a central point-of-contact by responding promptly to questions and issues related to the benefits and pension plans
- Recommend and implement improvements to the benefits and disability programs to provide an effective employee and manager experience and to ensure organizational compliance with all relevant benefit legislation and plan provisions
- Provide consultation, guidance, and support to HR partners and key internal stakeholders on benefits programs, policies and procedures.
- Provide support with pension plan administration and oversee retirement programs for staff
- Oversee the executive medical, health/wellness subsidy and education reimbursement programs
- Member and active participant on health and safety committee for Toronto and Ottawa office
- Generate, distribute and conduct analysis on various benefits related reports
- Administer the maternity leave process for staff
- Provide back up support to the payroll team as required
What You Will Bring
You have established yourself as a key HR resource, specifically with benefits and disability management expertise. Your history includes a degree or diploma in human resources or benefits administration, coupled with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in employee benefits and/or disability management. A CEBS and CHRL designation would be an asset. You will demonstrate your advanced organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and exercise exceptional attention to detail and analytical abilities on a daily basis. You thrive working with technology and possess advanced knowledge of Excel and familiarity with using HRIS systems. You consistently receive positive feedback for your exceptional client service and communication skills to a variety of stakeholders. Finally, you live up to your HR background by your ability to deliver sensitive information with tact and diplomacy and handle sensitive information with confidentiality and sound judgement.
McMillan Offers You
Mentorship and Support
Commitment to Learning
Commensurate Compensation and Benefits Package
Fun Work Environment
LTC4 Competency Awareness
McMillan = You
Inclusion and diversity are essential elements of our culture at McMillan which coincides with our core values of respect, teamwork, commitment, client service and professional excellence. We are extremely proud to be one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People three years in a row.
At McMillan, we know we will achieve the most success by attracting and retaining the best talent, and by representing and supporting communities from which we draw our members, the communities in which we live and work and the communities to which we provide legal services.
We are a law firm that prides itself in sustained quality and excellence in service while fostering a positive and collegial work environment which nurtures mentoring inspires enthusiasm and professional excellence. We commit to putting our best efforts forward in achieving our goals, and the goals of our clients. You can help us in that journey!
Need another reason to consider McMillan? Let’s work together to help you achieve your professional goals and career development.
Let’s get started
If this position is you, and you reside in or around the Toronto area, we look forward to hearing from you. Click on the Apply Now button.
McMillan is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email us or contact us at 1.888.622.4624 to submit your accommodation request