Consultant - Human Resources
We are looking for a full-time Human Resources Consultant. You are a proud generalist looking to join an expanding team of dedicated consulting professionals.
Are you looking for a career shift? Are you ready to apply everything you know in a new and exciting way? If so, this opportunity may be for you!
Our mission is to solve the non-profit and public sector's toughest challenges; help leaders implement change that lasts; and support organizational resiliency and sustainability so our clients can soar.
Since 2012, Laridae has grown from a start-up into a full-service management consulting firm. We work exclusively with non-profits, charities, associations, and the public sector. Our work has taken us across the province and country. We have developed a unique understanding of smaller cities and rural communities. Our team has worked with over 140 organizations in strategy, planning, operations, governance, fundraising, human resources, communications, and training.
The Laridae team brings a wealth of management expertise to mission-driven organizations. Our customized and collaborative approach produces results because we craft strategies that resonate with leaders—strategies that inspire action, responsibility, and commitment. We are small, but growing, and now we are in need of a Human Resources Consultant so we can serve our clients even better.
Laridae became a Certified B Corporation in 2018. B Corporations use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. Laridae was certified by the non-profit B Lab as meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’ve evaluated how our practices impact our employees, our community, the environment, and our clients.
Are you our ideal candidate?
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are always on the lookout for the next project, or a new opportunity, or for a chance to solve an existing client's problems. Recruitment and selection, labour relations, organizational development and workforce reviews, compensation and benefits, health and safety, training and development—you know it all—because you are either a human resources consultant, or you've had progressive and broad experience in the non-profit, public sector, association and/or charities sector(s). Either way, you are passionate about making a big difference especially for small and mid-sized non-profit organizations. You work independently, meet deadlines, and easily juggle projects and clients across a variety of sectors (from social services or the arts, to the environment or health). Contributing to, and learning from, a team of management consultants (with specialties in human resources, governance, communications, engagement, and facilitation) is appealing to you.
Overview of the position:
- Pursue new human resources projects on an ongoing basis and leverage Laridae's existing expertise.
- Manage and develop strong human resources strategies and implement the right solutions that will support clients and help them reach their goals over time.
- Evaluate the quality and impact of a client's existing human resources activities and identify short and long-term opportunities.
- Develop or make recommendations related to human resources as part of an organization's overall people strategy.
- Add capacity by providing coaching to clients as required.
- Actively participate in business development activities to further Laridae’s business goals.
The successful individual will possess the following skills and experience:
- University degree or diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the non-profit / charitable sector in human resources consulting, or in development with a variety of roles and experience that make you well-rounded or a "generalist" in human resources.
- Professional membership with associations (such as HRPA or SHRM) considered an asset, as would credentials (such as CHRL).
- Extensive knowledge of labour and employment legislation (e.g., Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and Ontario Human Rights Code) as well as WSIB.
- Experience with unionized environments considered an asset.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Superior written and presentation and facilitation communication skills.
- Ability to build strong collaboration among internal/external stakeholders.
- Clearly demonstrate leadership and uphold the organization’s values and mission.
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Competence in MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- A valid Ontario driver’s license.
At Laridae, we provide a different type of work environment. Our team primarily works remotely and with little supervision. We value work-life balance and understand that life requires flexibility. We support alternative work arrangements that allow employees to meet both their work and personal obligations, while ensuring that our business objectives are not compromised. The successful individual will work either from our office in Peterborough, or from a home office that is within the Peterborough, Kawarthas, Northumberland, or Durham Region areas (occasional team meetings are held at the Laridae office in Peterborough).
Competitive compensation package and generous vacation policy to encourage work life balance.
Occasional travel throughout Ontario is required (mileage and travel expenses are provided). Laridae utilizes a ‘bring your own device’ (cell phone and laptop) program, with monthly stipends provided.
Please submit your application directly through our job posting on Charity Village or the HRPA Hire Authority website. Applications will be accepted until February 13th, 2019 at 5:00 pm EST.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.
Laridae practices employment equity and is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify us at: email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Business / Professional Services Rewards / Compensation Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Ontario
- Communications / Media and Planning Rewards / Compensation Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Ontario
- Health and Social Services Rewards / Compensation Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Ontario
- HR Consultant - Firm Rewards / Compensation Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Ontario
- HR Consultant - Independent Rewards / Compensation Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Ontario