Health and Safety Coordinator - Toronto
Location / Lieu: 10 Overlea Blvd, Toronto ON
Position / Poste: Health and Safety Coordinator (Full-time)
Duties / Fonctions:
The Health and Safety Coordinator works collaboratively with the Human Resources Management team to provide Health, Safety and Wellness Support.
- Coordinate Workers’ Compensation (WC), Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD) claims, working collaboratively with third party administrators, supervisors, and the employees to facilitate early and safe return to work plans.
- Act as a key HR contact to assist employees and supervisors, in facilitating early return to work, improving safety programs including the development and/or delivery of required training and recommending effective measures to achieve accident and incident reduction objectives.
- Advise managers on policies, procedures and disability management, including liaising with varying Provincial and Territorial Workers’ Compensation organizations nationally.
- Provide effective coordination support to the Health, Safety and Wellness Manager, implement training, national events, and conduct research to provide recommendations on development of prospective HR and Health and Safety related policy.
- Chair and provide administrative support to the JHSC that includes organizing quarterly meetings, monthly inspections and ensuring health and safety information is posted and up to date with the necessary legislation.
- Conduct fire warden training; update fire safety maps and zone list at National Office as per applicable legislation.
- Coordinate Wellness initiatives regularly both at National office and across the Country.
- Collaborate with Site Managers to administer the Ergonomic Assessment process.
- Advise supervisors and managers regarding employee programs, policies, procedures, documentation and processes relating to employee relations.
- Proactively identify employee relations issues and address to resolve these issues in a timely manner.
- Provide support to management in other areas of HR including any special projects.
Qualifications / Compétences requises:
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources or Business Administration is required.
- Related designation, general knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations is an asset.
- Minimum three (3) years of generalist Human Resources experience providing a full range of services with an emphasis on health and safety.
- Current knowledge of Canadian HR Legislation and employment laws combined with the ability to interpret and communicate human resources policies and procedures, related legislation and regulations.
- Experience working with HR systems and proficient in a variety of computer applications requiring use of complex MS Suite functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact and build professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines, multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Readily able to adapt to changing requirements and maintaining effectiveness in varying circumstances.
Applications accepted until / Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy): 02/20/2019
Send application and resume to / Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Cynthia Dawson
Position: Manager, Health Safety and Wellness
Address (#, street/rue, suite, city/ville, province, postal code): 10 Overlea Blvd. Toronto, ON M4H 1A4
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.