HR, Q/EHS Manager
Umicore Precious Metals Canada Inc. is a leading supplier of precious metals products, assaying and refining services in Canada and the USA. The company operates from its facilities in Markham, ON. Umicore, a certified member of the Responsible Jewellery Council, also has ISO 9001 (quality), ISO 14001 (environment) and OHSAS 18001 (health and safety).
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Human Resources function in Markham, Ontario.
- Designs, develops, administers and monitors new and/or existing programs and methods or procedures for recruitment, employee orientation, payroll & compensation, bonus pay, performance management, labour relations, training and development, pension/benefits and discipline for both hourly and salaried staff.
Under the general direction of the Managing Director, the incumbent is also responsible for maintaining and improving the integrated management system for Quality, Health and Safety, and Environmental
- Help lead and manage the quality systems.
- Ensures that quality training and awareness is implemented throughout facility
- Generate periodic reporting data for EHS requirements. i.e. Corporate, Ontario, Federal, Local, etc.
- Point person for any local Provincial, Federal Ministry visits or communication.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive human resources experience, preferably in metallurgical, mechanical or chemical manufacturing environment along with Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRL) designation.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive working within an ISO 9001/4001 organization along with Quality and Environmental systems training and lead auditor training is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive working with EHS aspects including; participation on JHSCs, knowledge/completion of courses on OSHA, WSIB procedures, WHMIS legislation is preferred.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of a wide range of software packages, including SAP-HR, MS Office.
- Leadership training an asset
- Negotiations training an asset
- Familiarity with Lean, Kaizen etc. is an asset
Umicore is an equal opportunity employer. Only those under consideration will be contacted. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We will work with applicants selected for the interview and assessment process to accommodate accessibility needs.
You can check out our profile on the 2019 edition of The Career Directory:
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.