Senior Organization Development Advisor
Position: Senior Organization Development Advisor
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: Human Resources, Organization and Employee Development
Status: Permanent Full Time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Senior Organization Development Advisor.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
Become a key member of the OD team to help UHN achieve its strategic priorities and transform healthcare. Provide solutions to build leadership capability, and transform culture and build the workforce of the future.
The Senior Organization Development Advisor will provide solutions and consultative services to our internal clients ranging from technical professionals to senior leadership with a huge commitment to making a difference in patient’s lives. You are an experienced leader of people yourself, able to draw on that experience to provide credible advice on all aspects of people leadership.
Supporting effective leadership practices and increasing capacity is our objective. You will apply expertise in the implementation, delivery and evaluation of talent management solutions including selection, training, coaching, performance management, and succession planning to guide the progression of leaders based on UHN’s leadership strategy. Join us in an environment where resources are lean and the appetite for skills and knowledge is high.
- University degree required; relevant post graduate degree desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years in leadership talent management
- Hands on experience managing staff in a line or support function
- Demonstrated experience applying adult learning, self-awareness and change principles to the design of experiential interventions and learning, that convert learning and coaching into changed habits and leadership practices
- Experience delivering soft skills training in the classroom
- Expert facilitation and problem solving skills for all levels of leadership required
- Experience applying assessment tools, providing debriefs, and coaching on development strategies required
- Experience with change management principles and practices both to support organization in change initiatives and to increase leadership capability to effectively lead change initiatives
- Superior interpersonal skills; empathetic style; able to gain trust and partner with leaders on difficult tasks and conversations.
- Strong project planning and time management skills to manage multiple multiple demands in parallel
- Strong ability to take the customer's perspective and view issues through different lenses to co-create effective solutions.
- Resourceful approach to research, sourcing, creating and partnering with others to arrive at cost-effective, simple solutions
- Ability to work both in a team setting or independently
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting #836948 POSTED DATE: January 29, 2019
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.