EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2018, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
Our Employee Care Centre is currently looking for a reliable team player, with a client service focus, to support the HR team in the payroll function. The successful incumbent will be detail-oriented, highly organized and able work independently. The Payroll Analyst role involves dealing with the key aspects of the payroll function as well as providing information in response to audits and leading projects or project steps related to or involving payroll. Strong interpersonal skills and a great attention to detail will be essential for this position, as well as excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for administration, accounting and reporting aspects of payroll
- Preparation and data entry
- Verify payroll data entries
- Provide information in response to audits
- Provide support in the preparation of T4 and other statements
- Work with 3rd party providers
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in payroll administration
- Experience with ADP Pay at Work
- Comprehensive knowledge of payroll programs and compliance requirements, including pension considerations
- Working knowledge of payroll analysis principles and practices
- Bilingualism in both official languages (French and English)
- Certification as PCP (Payroll Compliance Practitioner) is an asset
- $62,000 - $92,000, plus performance-based incentive
- Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: February 15, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.