Human Resources Manager
VersaCold is a food-first supply chain company with one of North America’s largest cold chain networks. We're dedicated to ensuring the safety, quality and freshness of the food families eat. With 65 years of experience, we collaborate as entrusted partners to maintain cold chain integrity and deliver customized solutions to complex business challenges. The foundation of our culture is based upon The VersaCold Way demonstrating our commitment to health and safety, integrity, innovation, performance and collaboration.
We are a growing organization and currently looking for a passionate and energetic Human Resources Manager to join our winning team.
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
Office/Facility: Walker Facility – Brampton, ON
The Manager, Human Resources provides ongoing advice, coaching and support to leaders across multiple facilities to our Ontario locations. The Manager advises on employee relations, talent acquisition, performance management, and other HR matters. They work closely with each operational and corporate management team, providing overall direction and oversight on human resources activities, planning, decision-making, continuous improvement, policy compliance, leadership and employee engagement. This is an opportunity for an innovative, collaborative, and client-focused individual to make a significant contribution to the company’s continued evolution.
- Promotes a culture where Health & Safety is the #1 priority.
- Coaches and advises the operational and corporate management teams on the execution of core human resource programs including: performance development, employee relations, compensation, engagement, benefits, disability management and talent acquisition.
- Provides day to day HR operational services to 7 operational facilities. While based in Brampton, travel to locations across the GTA and southwestern Ontario will be required.
- Coaches all employees& management and oversees compliance on the performance management cycle, including performance improvement plans and/or employee relations issues.
- Facilitates and contributes to the development of Human Resources training programs for employees and management.
- Advises management on and ensures compliance with federal, provincial and local laws and regulations governing the employer/ employee relationship, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Manages activities for field employment-related complaints and audits, both internal and external. Develops recommendations to minimize risk and address identified needs. Conducts investigations as needed.
- Will work closely with the Manager, Labour Relations to provide counselling to the front-line management team on consistent communication and engagement in the operational facilities.
- Provides advice and support to management on the progressive discipline/performance management process in all non union facilities.
- Supports talent acquisition and onboarding activities for positions at the Supervisory level and below at the facilities, in alignment with company policies and procedures.
- Works effectively as part of a National Human Resources team. Champions and/or participates in key strategic projects in support of the company vision, mission, strategy and culture and in support of the overall company transformation.
- Understands key Human Resources metrics and supports the team in achieving targets.
- Models effective communication, leadership and partnership with the facilities.
- Continuously grows and develops operational knowledge and leadership capabilities by participating in professional development opportunities. Keeps informed of new and emerging trends in Human Resources by reviewing the latest industry literature (books, trade journals, online articles).
- 5 - 8 years of progressive Human Resources experience that includes managing in a unionized environment.
- Post-secondary completion in Human Resources or other related field of study.
- CHRP Designation an asset
- A track record of success as a collaborative and motivated leader who has supported Human Resources activities within a complex, multi-site environment
- Leads by example and provides consistent coaching and mentorship.
- Superior organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; detail oriented.
- Demonstrated conflict management skills including knowing when to escalate.
- Ability to partner with, influence, and successfully coach and counsel at all levels, up to the Senior Management level.
- Results driven with strong business acumen.
- Has the ability to evaluate operation and financial impact of decisions.
- Ability to effectively work in situations involving significant change and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge of human resource legal requirements, trends and practices.
- Knowledge of change management principles an asset.
VersaCold is an equal opportunity employer. Please note, while we appreciate all applications only qualified candidates will be contacted.
VersaCold welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.