Compensation Analytics (Analyst)
This new role in our Human Resources team will play a key role in analyzing, administering and implementing compensation programs. This role will provide reporting and data analytics to support the various Fidelity Canada businesses.
This is the right role for you if you …
- Love data
- Are an avid learner and enjoy being the analytics “go to” person
- Enjoy finding better ways to do things
- Like putting details together to understand the big picture
- Enjoy analyzing large volumes of data to find trends, validate or negate hypothesis and make recommendations based on the data and trends
- Work well under pressure with have strong attention to detail
- Are confident in your ability to explore, recommend and learn new analytics methods and technologies
- Are an Excel superuser with the ability to use other analytics, databases and statistical tools
- Have knowledge of the following terms: pay philosophy, pay strategy, variable pay, compa-ratio, range penetration, compression, benchmarks, market-ratio and more
- Are confident speaking about the following:
- “The effective design of robust analytics can be based on time series regression analysis. This generally is the result of iterative analytics that lead to identifying independent variables.” (Source https://www.erieri.com/blog/post/why-compensation-analytics )
- Have worked in a compensation related role for at least 3 years
- Have a university degree, ideally in a computers, finance, mathematics, science or statistics related field
What will you do?
Compensation plans design, implementation and execution
- Provide pro-active analysis of existing programs and practices
- Provide support in variable compensation plan modelling and commission payment processes
- Maintain the market compensation database, including conducting market analysis to support compensation recommendations
- Lead HR reporting function and serve as the subject matter expert for all HR data needs.
- Maintain and enhance current reporting deliverables while exploring new and innovative ways to report and examine HR data.
- Investigate, recommend and implement people reporting synergies within the HR function
- Act as the analytics problem solver by developing world class people analytics collection and analysis strategies used to influence key decisions
- Assist in the identification of key drivers that will retain and reward employees, drive performance and lead to a positive bottom line
- Mine existing databases for insights that can be used to make business decisions.
- Establish, maintain and continuously build credibility and knowledge of people analytics