We’ve built an electronic health record system with networks to connect health organizations and sole practitioners across the province. Having rapid access to complete, up-to-date and accurate information puts health care providers in a better position to provide the best possible care and today more than 154,000 clinicians have access to important patient information like lab tests, diagnostic images, and hospital reports. We’re working closely with health care professionals, hospitals, community-based providers, Local Health Integration Networks, Canada Health Infoway and vendors to develop the best solutions for Ontario’s 14 million residents.
Mission: At eHealth Ontario, our mission is clear: We’re revolutionizing health care delivery in the province. Thinking big comes naturally to us. After all, we work with the most advanced technology available, and on some of the biggest and most challenging projects in Canada.
The HR Specialist, under the leadership of the Manager, Human Resources, will lead the pension and benefits portfolios for the agency. This role will also play a key role in the development and support of a wellness portfolio.
• Lead the administration of pension, benefits, and wellness programs for all employees
• Conduct enrolment and eligibility administration including processing applications, updating status, updating eligibility files, generating standard and customized reports
• Resolve employee inquiries and following up on any process or service issues identified.
• Lead the operational aspects of the annual benefits open enrolment.
• Assist in preparation and ongoing analysis of annual benefits budget as it relates to invoices/payments etc.
• Support the procurement team with proposal generation & submission pertaining to the award of benefits and pension administrative services
• Assist with benefit projects such as Open Enrollment, Request for Proposals (RFP’s), Request for Information (RFIs), plan design changes such as adding a Health Savings Account (HAS) option to medical, and total rewards statements.
• Support the Manager in creating cohesive employee communications which are engaging, informative and compliant.
• Draft correspondence with clients, plan participants, providers and vendors, that is accurate, timely, and that expresses the Company's position with respect to a variety of issues.
• Conduct periodic internal audits of pension plan, benefits plan and payroll deductions.
• Proactively identify and recommend process improvements; implement and document process changes, liaising where appropriate with payroll and benefit providers
• Help incorporate any changes in legislation as they impact benefits and pension
• Ensure group benefit and pension contracts and employee booklets are up to date.
• Support divisional management with disability case management and work accommodation cases to facilitate early and safe return to work
• As part of the Health, Safety team, participate in the development and implementation of occupational health and safety and workplace wellness programs and initiatives.
• Support the development of HR strategies and operating plans
• Obtain client input and engagement during the development of the HR strategy and annual operating plans
• Contribute to HR governance and continuously monitor and report on HR metrics
• Take part in HR projects as required
Directly related work experience required is three to six years.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
• Hands-on experience with automated benefit and pension administration systems
• Solid knowledge of pension legislation, human resources theory, industry leading practices, programs and techniques
• Thorough knowledge of legislation and principles pertaining to disability management/ support, WSIB, return to work and accommodation; relevant federal and provincial legislation, such as the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act, Human Rights and Accessibility legislation, etc.
• Ability to be discreet in handling confidential information
• Ability to research and develop employee benefit programs
• Strong computer skills including MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint & Outlook)
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, including exercising tact, diplomacy and sensitivity when dealing with staff at all levels, as well as external stakeholders
• Progressive experience in a related field such as disability/WSIB management, health & safety, human resources or occupational health, including experience with complex claims management preferably in a large public sector institution.
• Experience with workplace health programs is preferred as well as a working knowledge of external insurance providers.
• Demonstrated ability to strategically manage conflicting priorities and points of view and demonstrate the HR value proposition to all levels of staff
• Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
• It is a definite asset to have previous experience within a government/public sector setting
University degree or equivalent work experience.
Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm, with some afterhours work required
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
2.Criminal Background Check
Applicants may be required to undergo additional background checks as required for the position.
Bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute significantly to the province's eHealth initiative. Solid career advancement opportunities and superior benefits are some of the other advantages you'll find at eHealth Ontario.
We regret that only those candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We encourage you continue to refer to our career page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis.
eHealth Ontario is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Thank you again for your interest in eHealth Ontario!