Manager Human Resources
We’ve built an electronic health record system with networks to connect health organizations and sole practitioners across the province. Having rapid access to complete, up-to-date and accurate information puts health care providers in a better position to provide the best possible care and today more than 154,000 clinicians have access to important patient information like lab tests, diagnostic images, and hospital reports. We’re working closely with health care professionals, hospitals, community-based providers, Local Health Integration Networks, Canada Health Infoway and vendors to develop the best solutions for Ontario’s 14 million residents.
Mission: At eHealth Ontario, our mission is clear: We’re revolutionizing health care delivery in the province. Thinking big comes naturally to us. After all, we work with the most advanced technology available, and on some of the biggest and most challenging projects in Canada.
The Manager, Human Resources Operations provides leadership and expertise for the HR functional areas of Benefits, Pension, compensation, disability management and talent acquisition in support of our Agency wide operations. The Manager will interface with HR colleagues to ensure that our recruitment activities, compensation, HRIS and benefit plans align with our organizational business objectives.
• Development, implementation and alignment of the talent acquisition strategy with the agency’s short and long term goals through managing staffing needs and improving business practices.
• Managing the recruiting staff to ensure open postings are filled with qualified candidates; identifies talent acquisition skill gaps of recruiters and works to effectively fill those gaps; and partners with HRBPs, the HR team and business leaders to deliver strategic talent acquisition service.
Benefits & Pension:
• Proactively manages the day-to-day benefits functions, special projects and continuous improvements
• In partnership with the Pension Committee, ensures robustness and compliance of the eHealth pension program
• Monitors and recommends benefits program changes to management by analyzing employee usage and trends and predicting future costs.
• Identifies benefit options by studying developments in benefits offered by other organizations and obtaining advice from consultants.
• Informs management of benefit usage by preparing benefit reports.
• Maintain and amend (as applicable) the group insurance contracts and policies, the miscellaneous program plan documents and the service contracts with the benefit plan suppliers.
• Reviews reconciliation of benefit and pension accounts by approving and reviewing billing statements.
• Manages and promotes the company's Wellness initiatives
• Administer and maintain the compensation policy and practices within the agency.
• Facilitate the job evaluation and appeals processes.
• Complete and conduct salary surveys.
• Investigate and resolve disputes related to compensation.
• Administer due diligence to ensure Pay Equity compliance.
• Respond to external salary survey requests.
• Represent eHealth Ontario at Compensation & Benefit Network and similar external meetings with sister crown agencies.
• Provide expertise to HR Team in matters related to compensation practices, historical practices, benchmarking and implementation processes.
• Conduct performance audits and identify opportunities for quality improvement.
• Provide advice and guidance to managers, payroll staff and other Human Resources staff with complex and non-routine problems or inquiries regarding compensation levels, discrepancies and forecasting issues.
• Develops plans to ensure that the information maintained in all HR systems flow into each other via reports and are regularly maintained and accurate
• Coordinates audits to ensure data integrity
• Communicates data issue to Leadership or HR Business Partners for resolution
• Uses creative thinking to recommend and establish processes supporting data integrity protocols for ongoing administration
• Manage, develop and motivate a team of staff and drive culture of performance through collaboration
• Manages relationships with third-party vendors
• Contributes to team effort by participating in projects as needed
• University Degree and/or six to ten years of directly related work experience
• Advanced knowledge of full recruitment cycle and management principles involved in recruiting and staffing, including experience with behavioral and structured interviewing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current Human Resource Management, including performance management, payroll / benefits, principles and practices related to Canadian Human Resource Management, employment law, etc.;
Technical Knowledge & Skills
• Ability to lead and work effectively with diverse teams and all levels of people including the executives
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Versatility in HR portfolio is required; full scope employee life cycle, compensation, recruitment, talent management are a must. Organizational development experience is highly desirable
• Hands-on experience with automated benefit administration systems
• Tactful and effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to interact with all levels within the Agency and influence as required
• Strong analytical skills; ability to digest complex issues and simplify to enable appropriate action
• Ability to build a consensus among peers to support human resources strategies
• Strong computer skills, especially MS Office Suite, with a thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint;
• Effective organizational and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills;
• Knowledge of HR information technology and ability to recommend changes or improvements to existing processes or systems;
Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm, with some afterhours work required
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
2.Criminal Background Check
Applicants may be required to undergo additional background checks as required for the position.
Bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute significantly to the province's eHealth initiative. Solid career advancement opportunities and superior benefits are some of the other advantages you'll find at eHealth Ontario.
We regret that only those candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We encourage you continue to refer to our career page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis.
eHealth Ontario is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Thank you again for your interest in eHealth Ontario!