Human Resources Advisor
WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer and distributor of cannabis and cannabis oil for both the medical and adult-use markets under the Cannabis Act. The Company operates two facilities: a 26,000 sq. ft. indoor facility in Aylmer, Ontario and a state-of-the-art greenhouse facility located in Strathroy, Ontario. The greenhouse currently has 110,000 square feet of licensed space in production and is expected to have a total footprint of more than 550,000 square feet online in early 2019. WeedMD has a multi-channeled distribution strategy that includes supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart and provincial distribution agencies, as well as through strategic relationships across the seniors’ market in Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources, this individual will provide HR advice, guidance and support to WeedMD Staff as well as execute on HR initiatives and projects in support of WeedMD strategic plan. The Human Resources Advisor will build and maintain strong relationships with managers across the organization and establish and maintain credibility with all employees by addressing, following up and responding to questions, concerns and problems in a timely and professional manner. This position will play a key role in recruitment, employee relations and performance management as well as analyzing HR trends. The ideal candidate will have strong HR generalist experience, sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills, along with comprehensive knowledge and experience in Canadian Legislation for both HR and Health & Safety.
- Provide HR related advice and coaching to assigned employee groups and business leaders on matters related to HR policy or practices, legislation, workforce planning, performance management, goal setting, employee relations, and employee engagement.
- Manage the escalation of employee issues pertaining to human rights and Health and Safety concerns as well as complex situations to leadership.
- Responsible for facilitating the recruiting and onboarding process across the organization including active participation in the interview, employment references and hiring and orientation process for assigned employee groups as well as practicum students.
- Conduct on-going analysis to identify trends and root cause to proactively identify solutions for repetitive issues/escalations.
- Identify opportunities and propose solutions for continuous improvement in HR initiatives, polices and HR effectiveness.
- Assist with an employee’s return to work from STD, LTD and leave of absence cases.
- Support cyclical HR processes for including performance management and compensation review administration.
- Contribute to projects teams to support the delivery of HR projects to the business.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree in Human Resources, Business administration or related area of study.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant Human Resource experience.
- A strong team player with an excellent customer service approach to supporting the organization.
- Strong understanding of legislation pertaining to HR & Health and Safety.
- Proven track record of achieving goals and making sound decisions.
- Ability to inspire, coach and motivate staff, encourage growth, innovation and collaboration.
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of staff,
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including experience delivering formal presentations as well as facilitating groups.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Strong work ethic, a high respect for confidentiality and sound professional judgment and initiative.
- Strong computer and system skills as well as the ability to work with large data sets, knowledge of HRIS and all MS Office applications.
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.