Compensation & Benefits Specialist
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources the Compensation & Benefits Specialist will manage IFDS Canada’s Compensation and Benefit programs and will perform the full scope of activities related to the support, delivery, administration and reporting of these programs. With experience characterized by a strong hands-on approach to ensure process efficiency, effectiveness and high quality outcomes, the Compensation & Benefits Specialist must be proficient in all aspects related to compensation, benefits, and reporting.
As a member of a progressive HR team, the primary focus of this role will be to ensure the Compensation and Benefit programs are appropriately managed and integrated with other HR programs (Recruitment, Payroll, Performance Management, etc.), provide expert counsel and advice on compensation and benefits to HR leaders and other members of the HR team, as well as to all levels of employees within the organization using a variety of communications tools (policies, processes, notices, presentations). The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, collaborative team player with a solid track record of utilizing industry tools and data to develop models, make recommendations, and enhance business processes to ensure flawless execution.
General Role & Responsibilities:
- Administer and manage of IFDS Canada’s Compensation and Benefits program including key processes and act as the primary contact for HR Representatives, Managers, Finance and Payroll teams to ensure clear procedural understanding and guidance when necessary.
- Provide policy interpretation, guidance and advice related to salary administration, job evaluation, promotions, new hire and other salary increases as well as benefit plans.
- Review programs to ensure market competitiveness and consistency with organizational goals; develop options and recommendations to support decision making on program changes; recommend and implement process changes to support efficient and high quality program delivery.
- Conduct wide-ranging research and analysis including external market benchmarking, best practices reviews and environmental scanning.
- Manage benefits programs including management of external vendors, managing annual renewal process, overseeing key metrics, monitoring and supporting employee usage.
- Manage the annual salary review process, including market competitiveness, salary range recommendations, communications and internal coordination. Administer external market pay system including liaising with external vendors, management and administration of survey participation, job-matching in collaboration with management and the development and communication of a robust and defensible case for market based pay. Participate in ad-hoc market comparisons as required.
- Administer the Annual Base Pay Review process including development of salary budgets, salary recommendations and guidelines for the business.
- Manage the administration of the annual incentive programs including Short Term and Long Term incentive plans.
- Manage job evaluation system that enables establishing the relative worth of roles, job grades and legislative compliance. Provide input and expertise on the creation of new job descriptions or modification of existing ones. Complete job evaluations on new or modified roles and benchmark positions annually.
- Identify opportunities for system enhancements and efficiencies in all compensation and benefit processes.
- Administer all leaves including disability, pregnancy, parental, compassionate as well as retirement ensuring expert guidance is provided to all stakeholders on an on-going basis.
- Develop and maintain documentation of, Benefits, Leave and Disability Management programs.
- Design and deliver training and employee communications relating to any compensation or payroll programs and processes.
- Manage the IFDS Wellness program in alignment with the overall wellness strategy.
- Conduct research and provides special reports to support decision making for HR management and leaders.
- Develop and maintain robust reporting and analytics including financial, compensation and corporate metrics in order to measure/monitor the effectiveness of programs against strategic objectives.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business, or relevant field
- Post-Graduate designation or working towards designation an asset i.e. CHRP, Certified Compensation Professional (CCP).
- 5-7 years of experience related experience in all facets of compensation, benefits and reporting.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of compensation concepts, tools and experience with job evaluation principles, design, and ongoing administration.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of benefits and disability management concepts, tools and administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of employment law and regulations, legislative issues and industry trends relating to Human Resources.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Excel and MS Word. Experience with HRIS and HRIS i.e. ADP WorkforceNow.
- Ability to understand and analyze HR data using HRIS systems and other tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and working knowledge of HRIS systems i.e. ADP WorkforceNow
- Initiative, ability to develop options and facilitate decision making.
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize multiple demands and work under pressure to meet deadlines, and work with a sense of urgency while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams and build relationships with external vendors.