TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
5 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST (CONTRACT)
Reference #: 103292
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $68,928.00 to $77,544.00 per annum
MAXIMUM OF SALARY RANGE: $ 86,160.00 per annum
We are looking for a talented people professional that is passionate about finding, attracting and retaining top talent that aligns with our Future Ready vision.
You are a strong communicator, and collaborative by nature, and excel within a high performing team and culture. You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of complex recruitments. You are detail oriented and can easily apply problem solving techniques to keep momentum high. You establish trust with the business and your recommendations are based on sound evidence and research. You have extensive experience applying and interpreting collective agreement language and employment law in the context of talent acquisition. You exhibit savvy interpersonal skills that guide your ability to connect with people leaders, understand business needs, and assess and engage talent to drive transformative change. You are known for bringing innovative ideas to fruition that challenge the status quo. You understand the importance of enabling diversity and inclusion throughout the recruitment process.
You have a deep appreciation of the privilege to serve Brampton and understand the unique competencies required to deliver results for our community. You have high integrity and are invested in creating a culture of engagement where people matter, service is paramount and we continue building a community that is innovative, inclusive and bold.
If this describes your professional journey, and your demonstrated character and competencies, we want to hear from you.
- Partners with hiring managers and HR colleagues to understand business and human capital needs and role requirements.
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment for all types of positions, including unionized and non-union.
- Delivers an exceptional client and candidate experience.
- Develops effective recruitment plans to attract and identify qualified candidates using talent assessment tools, various recruitment channels and methodologies.
- Develops proactive sourcing methodologies to attract both active and passive candidates and create a talent pipeline.
- Upholds the integrity of the recruit process and ensures a bias-free and fair selection process taking into account Corporate and legislative standards.
- Provides advice and guidance to hiring managers on interpretation of legislation, policies and collective agreements related to recruitment and employment equity.
- Leads the selection process and supports all phases of staffing and redeployment processes. Provides analysis and potential risks and recommendations on hiring decisions.
- Conducts equivalency evaluations and engages stakeholders as needed.
- Provides advice, coaching and training regarding full cycle recruitment process.
- Stays informed on trends, best practices, legislative updates and their impact upon attraction and retention.
- Prepares and analyses data that assists in continually improving the recruitment process, identifying trends, challenges and effective strategies.
- Identifies and works with stakeholders to implement recruitment solutions and best practices.
- Connects with community through outreach initiatives that promote awareness of the hiring process and employment opportunities at the City.
- Partners to develop Employment Branding and represent the City as an ambassador at events.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with an emphasis on Human Resources, Psychology, Organizational Behaviour or related field (i.e. CHRP courses);
- Minimum of 3 years of full-cycle recruiting experience in a Corporate Environment, preferably in a unionized; public sector environment an asset.
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to apply employment legislation, including ESA, OHRC, AODA;
- Knowledge and experience in behavioural event interviewing and competency models, administration of assessments and tests, recruitment metrics, and “best practice” recruiting methods including social media, Applicant Tracking Systems, and non-traditional sourcing of candidates;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving, and ability to recommend solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise significant discretion and sensitivity and to use consultative and relationship building skills with diverse client group;
- Ability to build strong relationships with hiring managers and other Stakeholders:
- Is proactive, takes ownership of responsibilities and shows initiative;
- Proficient in computer use, i.e. Microsoft Office software, HRMS
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, manage own workload and meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) English language;
- Ability to work effectively in a high performing team based environment.
- Proficient in computer use, i.e. Microsoft Office software, HRMS, Applicant Tracking System
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Contract (1 year)
Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by February 23, 2019.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment or via www.workopolis.com quoting reference #103292 by February 23, 2019, and complete the information requested. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.