Human Resources Associate (up to October 2020)
4 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
Contract/Job Rotation up to October 2020
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, you will be responsible for providing support in the areas of benefits, compensation and human resource analytics.
Working as part of a team and using tact, diplomacy and discretion, you will be responsible for serving internal and external stakeholders via walk-ins, telephone and email inquiries.
The Human Resources Associate will support the following areas:
- Benefit provider point of contact including reconciliation, monitoring, optional benefit enrollment and communication.
- Technology troubleshooting (HRIS/Time and Attendance/Crystal Reporting)
- Running analysis reports through software and in Excel documents.
- Inputting into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) system (Banner), including changes to employee records, hires, terminations, salary, and benefits changes.
- Compensation (payroll, time and attendance, and merit increases)
- Internal web updating
- Maintaining files and preparing correspondence of a confidential nature
- Preparing and responding to survey requests
Your post secondary education in human resources or a related field is preferred and is supported by a minimum of one-year experience in Human Resources administration. Knowledge of and experience with inputting into an HRIS is essential. High attention to detail and accuracy are paramount in your calculation of employee entitlements (sick, vacation, retro) and in preparing correspondence. Proficient level of technology use with software applications along with Excel and database functions. Your strong interpersonal, customer service communication skills are essential as you will often be the first point of contact to employees and the public. You must be able to work in a team environment with multiple competing deadlines. Working towards or obtained your CHRP designation is considered an asset.
$49,638-$62,047 (Grade 7)
Posting Close Date
February 20, 2019
How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.burlington.ca/careers and click on “View Jobs”. Please note that applications are only accepted online. If you require assistance, please contact Human Resources at 905-335-7602.