Human Resources Manager
Are you an innovative, action oriented Human Resources practitioner? Do you have a passion for healthcare and community service? Consider Wabano!
Wabano is seeking positive, community-minded team members who are energized by challenge and motivated to serve our community.
The Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health is an award-winning Health Access Centre that provides holistic health services to First Nation, Inuit and Métis people living in Ottawa - one of the fastest growing and diverse urban Indigenous communities in Canada. Wabano is a fast-paced, client-oriented organization that models the Indigenous values of balance, respect and community interdependence. Wabano is proud to be accredited through the Canadian Centre for Accreditation, a third-party review based on accepted organizational practices that promote ongoing quality improvement and responsive, effective community services.
Purpose of Position
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all HR actions in the organization including; policies and procedures, employee relations, recruitment and selection, benefits administration, HRIS and health and safety. The HR Manager provides functional support to the department leaders by supporting employee performance management, attendance management and well-being initiatives, advice and guidance in employee relations matters.
Some of the responsibilities of this position are:
- Author and update policies and procedures for the organization, serve as resource on interpretation and procedures;
- Coordinate health and safety in support of the Facilities leader and JHSC;
- Provide coaching, advice and guidance in employee relations matter;
- Be the leader for employee engagement surveys and actions;
- Action full cycle recruitment and retention initiatives and processes;
- Conduct staff orientation and training sessions;
- Support leaders and staff through performance management cycles, provide guidance and actions related to concerns and evaluations;
- Support and lead terminations and legal management;
- Lead the accreditation process for the organization;
- Lead and manage the Human Resources Information Management System;
- Support full cycle payroll and attendance process;
- Conduct daily service and administrative actions to positively support the organization.
- Post-secondary completion in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field;
- Certified Human Resources professional (CHRL) preferred, (CHRP);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a generalist or advisor, two years as a Manager an asset;
- Experience in a heavily regulated or experience through an accreditation process (Accreditation Canada an asset);
- Exceptional interpersonal skills demonstrated through experience in employee relations/labour relations management;
- Understanding of reporting to multiple stakeholders and client groups;
- Experience managing an HRIS (Quadrant preferred) and Learning Management System;
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous culture and teachings;
- Professional practitioner with functional exposure to all areas of HR, accustomed to working with minimal supervision and taking action;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work occasionally flexible hours including evenings and weekends;
- Clear criminal reference check to work with vulnerable population is required.