Team Lead, Talent
theScore’s mission is to create highly-engaging digital products and content that empower the sports fans experience. Its flagship mobile app ‘theScore’ is the 2nd largest sports news and data app in North America, serving millions of fans a month. theScore also recently made history, announcing its plans to launch the first sportsbook by a media company in the United States.
If you are passionate about technical recruiting and want to join a fast paced, energetic and fun company, theScore has you covered!
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Identify and source appropriate talent for technical roles within the organization.
- Manage recruiting outlets, job board optimization, employment branding, and other venues that assist with attracting top grade talent.
- Host and attend meet-ups.
- Work closely with department leads to identify current and upcoming vacancies and develop recruitment strategies.
- Provide guidance to HR Coordinator and providing stakeholders with direction regarding recruitment efforts.
- Setting the direction and vision within the recruitment team.
- Develop and manage strategies and processes around talent acquisition.
- Work with an HRIS to manage the entire recruitment lifecycle.
- Manage onboarding process.
- Assist in a general human resources capacity.
- Other duties as required.
- University and/or College education with a concentration in HR and/or relevant professional experience.
- Experience sourcing for complex, high level engineering & other technical roles.
- Extensive experience in full lifecycle recruiting; ideally in a high-velocity recruiting environment and a mix of experience in both agency and corporate.
- You’re a creative sourcing mastermind who can think outside the box when it comes to attracting talent.
- Highly self-motivated and directed; ability to execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working with Human Resources Information Systems.
- An ability to establish credibility, trust and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong at building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders, team members and candidates.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Exceptional organization skills and a keen attention to detail.
- High business acumen with the ability to align departmental projects & key business objectives.
- Nice to have: Experience in mobile tech start-ups, experience working with UltiPro software, sports fan.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit
- Social clubs, demo days, book library, and more.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Awesome patio with BBQ.
- Top of the line office hardware.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunity for career progression.
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 19, arcade, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.