Benefits Consultant - 1 year contract
Analyzes and develops benefit plans and policies covering accident and health insurance coverage, disability, holidays, and vacations. Analyzes equity of current benefits compared to trends and legislated requirements. May present recommendations for change or enhancements to benefit offerings, to management.
Years of Experience: 5 or more years of related experience
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
1. Analyzes and develops benefit plans.
2. Point of escalation for internal HR Service Center and point of contact for complex individual enquiries on Benefits, including disability accommodations.
3. Analyzes equity of current benefits.
4. Manage day to day relationships with external service providers.
5. Provide educational services to Plan members.
6. Draft materials for communications, legal materials, presentations and papers etc.
7. Ensure regulatory reporting requirements are met and liaise with external regulators and tax authorities accordingly.
8. Conduct technical assessments of proposed benefit changes.
9. Deliver analysis for merger, acquisition, divestiture and integration activities of the company.
10. Leads complex and technical projects to implement new or changed systems or programs.
11. Business Travel, as required.
12. Act as backup for the retirement and pension plan consultant, as needed.
13. Extended Hours during Peak Periods (if required)
14. Regular Predictable Attendance
To apply: visit www.zurichcanada.com, Careers and refer to requisition id# 190000G1
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 53,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.