ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Detour Lake Mine site, the Training Superintendent will manage the operation and execution of centralized training systems that support Detour Lake Mine objectives and strategies in the health & safety, environmental, human resources and operational training areas.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team of training professionals to provide a high-quality service to stakeholders;
- Continuously improve training curriculum to ensure compliance with current and future company needs and the exceedance of MAESD and legislative standards;
- Ensure the consistent administration and integrity of operational progression plan programs;
- Ensure the integrity of training document control processes in conjunction with the LMS;
- Increase utilization and leverage the capabilities of the LMS, up to and including employee self-service;
- Implement a continuous reporting system for site management on training compliance and future scheduling needs;
- Assist the Human Resources team in the administration of employee development programs as required;
- Provide analysis and recommendations to management on training requirements for life of mine planning.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Degree or Diploma in HR Management, Business Administration or related discipline;
- Ten years’ managerial experience in an industrial/mining training capacity;
- Thorough knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and applicable regulations;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and LMS software (preferably SuccessFactors);
- Customer service focus;
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and listening skills;
- Experience in a cross-cultural working environment.