Serco is a global service delivery company that specializes in delivering essential services on behalf of local and national governments and companies around the world. Our unique service ethos enables us to add real value to the organizations we work for and transform the services they need to deliver. This provides them with certainty, now and into the future, so they can be confident they will be able to achieve greater efficiencies and better outcomes for their customers and citizens.
In Canada, Serco has more than 1,100 employees working in four Provinces. We've had a Canadian presence since the late 1990s, and that customer relationship is still in place today. Federal and provincial governments turn to Serco to help them deliver consistently, anticipate and adapt to change, as well as achieve long-term transformational goals and meet commitments to the public. In Canada, our head office is located in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Serco makes a difference to the lives of millions of people in Canada and around the world by managing and delivering high-quality public services that improve efficiency and the lives of others.
The HR Coordinator (4mo Contract) assists in the effective administration of the Human Resources department, supporting the Senior HR Manager and HR Business Partner organizational objectives, ensuring consistency across various Program contracts and departments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes a variety of Human Resources administrative duties.
- Administratively supports the full employee lifecycle programs, HR Inbox, filing etc.
- Prepares communications, minutes, responds to general inquires
- Tracks information as necessary to ensure compliance with HR procedures.
- Partners effectively with US based HR teams and Centers of Excellence to improve HR workplace efficiencies between Canada and US HR Operations Teams.
- The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- The position requires strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively interface with all levels of management
- Creates and maintain a positive working environment supporting Serco values and culture.
- Ensure compliance with WCB/WSIB requirements and administration
- Ensure all deliverables and other reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Responsible for any other duties as may be relevant or required to the position.
- Occasional travel in the GTA may be required
- Post-secondary education and a minimum of one year Human Resources experience. An appropriate combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- CHRP designation or working towards completion
- Working knowledge of Ontario Employment Standards Act and Labour Relations Act an asset
- Must be able to demonstrate: ability to work independently, meet deadlines, analytical and problem-solving capability, attention to detail, innovation and customer service skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, being able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and externally.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office.
- Confidentiality and professionalism in dealing with people is essential.
- Experience with HRIS, SAP, SuccessFactors etc. an asset.