7 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
If you are looking to join an organization which offers a meaningful JOB OPPORTUNITY then CAST is the place for you!
The Children’s Aid Society of (CAST) is proud of their long history of leadership in protecting children and their commitment to the provision of quality service to children and their families. If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of children, we have an opportunity for you. Working in the heart of the city at Yonge and Bloor with excellent remuneration, benefits and vacation entitlements, come join us and work for one of the city’s Top Employers.
The following Permanent, Full-time position is available and applications are invited:
Salary Range: $75,570 to $89,496
The HRIS Analyst supports optimization activities and advancement of the Human Resources information system. Day-to-day activities involves providing system support, data management, preparation of reports, process development, project work and maintenance of the VIP HRIS and other Human Resources related systems as required.
- Administers the VIP HRIS and any other systems as required by managing the data collection, maintenance, security and integrity of the systems
- Liaises between the Human Resources functional user groups and other stakeholders to help define, analyse and validate functional business requirements and be able to translate those requirements into system solutions that are efficient and effective
- Manages implementation, enhancements and configuration projects with solid project management skills, according to new or changing business requirements and optimization initiatives
- Accountable for testing of system configuration changes, fixes and new release updates. This involves the understanding of complex system requirements and a thorough analysis of results
- Identifies and creates analytics, reports and dashboards
- Creates and runs standard and complex queries to satisfy both scheduled and ad hoc user reporting requirements
- Responsible for analysis, entry and verification of all necessary information to ensure organizational structure and job/position attributes in the system are correct
- Creates functional specifications for application interfaces and data conversion
- Works collaboratively with other stakeholders to transform, develop and maintain HRIS functionality
- Builds and maintains a plan for enhancements, and identify additional functionality by taking advantage of new capabilities as they are released
- Chairs weekly change management meetings, addressing the list of issues/future opportunities
- Acts in accordance with and incorporates Society's Code of Ethics, Confidentiality, Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism, Harassment & Discrimination policies, etc.
- Uses sound judgment in consideration of financial resources
- Complies with Society’s financial policies and procedures
- Incidental overtime required
- Works in a safe manner in accordance with the Society’s health and safety policies and procedures and all relevant legislation.
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Business Administration or Human Resources or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ functional analyst experience with integrated HRIS system
Knowledge and Skills
- Significant experience in HRIS software design and implementation
- Solid understanding of core HR processes including Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, Performance Appraisal and Management, On-boarding & Off-boarding, Recruitment, Time and Absence Management
- Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of integration points between HR, Payroll and external vendors
- Strong attention to detail, a high degree of accuracy and the ability to communicate effectively, confidentially and professionally
- Demonstrated competency in statistical analysis and problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability in using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint) with advanced skills in MS Excel functions
- Experience writing HRIS reports using SQL or BI reporting
- Ability to identify needs and opportunities to use technology to add value
- Ability to train HR functional users with the system and related products
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities in a high volume team environment
Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism at CAST
CAST is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity of the City of Toronto and strongly encourages application from all qualified individuals, especially those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to a further diversification of ideas.
Accommodation at CAST
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 416-924-4640 x2300. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Apply directly on our website at www.torontocas.ca under the Careers section.