Manager-Recruitment and Development
MANAGER, RECRUITMENT & DEVELOPMENT
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is seeking a Manager, Recruitment & Development to provide leadership for day-to-day Human Resources and Organizational Development operations including Recruitment, Retention, Employee Experience, Recognition, and Learning & Organizational Development as well as various strategic projects. As a strategic partner, the Manager participates in implementing components of the People Strategy that support the Hospital’s Strategic Plan, culture, mission, vision and values.
The Manager Recruitment and Development provides hands on leadership and direction for the end to end recruitment and retention function, design, implementation, and improvement that support the organizational workforce planning strategies and operational needs. The incumbent is responsible for developing and leading the recruitment strategy inclusive of the management of full life cycle recruiting for all Joseph Brant Hospital roles.
The successful candidate will lead the Organizational Development Team and work closely with key stakeholders to plan, develop and implement learning and strategic initiatives which are aligned with the organizations strategic plan and best practice people strategies, promoting a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
AS THE MANAGER, RECRUITMENT & DEVELOPMENT YOU WILL:
- Provide leadership oversight for the talent acquisition, new hire, and off-boarding processes in partnership with hiring managers to attract and on-board top talent to the organization in compliance with legal and regulatory, collective agreement language and best practices.
- Analyze recruitment metrics and design recruitment strategies and practices that support business objectives and achieve quality of hire, time to fill and vacancy rate.
- Report key metrics to provide management summaries and recruitment strategies, and identify and implement strategies to address barriers to filling high priority vacancies.
- Manage and lead recruitment activities for all management/leader level roles.
- Provide leadership oversight for the Healthy Workplace Survey processes in partnership with managers to promote the employee experience.
- Provide strategic leadership oversight for recognition programming.
- Champion diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Support the corporate performance and process improvement infrastructure and initiatives that are aligned with the strategic and operational priorities.
- Assess individual or group learning needs and make recommendations for strategic development.
- Research, design, develop, implement and evaluate training and educational initiatives for staff and physicians, with the objective of increasing the capacity of individuals to perform their jobs more effectively and efficiently, to learn, and to adapt and change.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of mandatory core curriculum programs in the organization to meet the needs of the adult learners and organizational priorities.
- Oversee the learning fund program, ensuring adherence to program criteria including allocation of available resources to identified organizational priorities.
- Provide direction and leadership to the team and drive for performance excellence, ensuring high levels of service delivery.
- Develop, implement and evaluate appropriate services, goals and objectives to ensure compliance with legislation and the policies of Joseph Brant Hospital.
- Develop and oversee implementation / project plans for new programs or existing programs that are cyclical in nature.
- Recommend policy amendments and program development initiatives. Oversee development and updates to standard operating procedures within the team.
- Prepare reports, education and presentations related to Human Resources to support organization continuous learning and building organizational and individual capacity.
- Manage and monitor/review departmental budget(s), analyze trends, and develop strategies to address variances.
- Post-secondary degree.
- HRPA membership, CHRP or CHRL designation.
- Minimum 7 years progressively responsible HR generalist experience in a complex, unionized public sector environment, preferably health care. Experience working within a unionized healthcare environment preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Sound knowledge of best Human Resources practices and employment legislation to support a strategically aligned, diverse and engaged workforce, where people are challenged, recognized and valued.
- Demonstrated ability to assess organizational development/learning needs and develop, implement and evaluate programs.
- Significant leadership, coaching and mentoring competencies to attract, retain and engage staff.
- Demonstrated service excellence approach and commitment to continuous quality improvement and performance measurement; business acumen, accountability and results orientated.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively build relationships and interact with others at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent communication, report-writing and presentation skills; critical thinking, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Superior professional judgment, diplomacy and relationship building skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Human Resources metrics and strong analytical and research skills.
- Solid understanding and use of project management and ability to balance and manage multiple interests.
- Ability to deal with competing, challenging, and changing priorities.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of technology enabled learning and learning management systems required. Advanced capability in office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Employees are expected to demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other; attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining this level of excellence.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to visit the JBH careers page to apply to Job Posting #190090
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.