Human Resources Coordinator
Candidates are invited to apply for the above position to work at Villa Colombo Toronto, a 391-bed long-term care facility, located in Toronto, Ontario.
The Human Resources Coordinator is a key contributor to the employee and candidate experience and responsible for providing first level day-to-day human resources services including administrative, clerical, and co-ordination activities in a highly confidential and customer-oriented manner at Villa Colombo Toronto and Villa Charities Inc. (a registered charity and non-profit organization that cultivates, promotes and celebrates the Italian-Canadian culture).
- Assists with all aspects of the recruitment process including drafting job postings, posting of positions, screening of resumes, drafting interview questionnaires, reference checking and participating in the interview process;
- Researches and recommends new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting;
- Facilitates new hire onboarding and orientations;
- Creates new hire electronic and hard copy files and associated data entry, including but not limited to new hires, salary changes, status changes;
- Administers the employee recognition program including the long-term service awards and assists with organizing celebrations;
- Assists with the creation, implementation and interpretation of human resources guidelines, standard operating procedures and manuals; respond to requests for information and assistance from employees and management;
- Provides accurate and knowledgeable information to employees regarding employee benefits, policies, procedures, and practices;
- Participates in developing, implementing, maintaining, and delivering HR systems/processes to produce reports and provide data;
- Assists with the implementation of a new HRIS system, as required;
- Assists with a variety of Human Resources projects; gather and analyze data; prepare recommendations;
- Prepares a variety of correspondence and documents such as letters, memorandums, reports, presentations, meeting agenda and minutes;
- Organizes employee information and education sessions on varied topics, as required and maintains all education and in-service records;
- Produces and maintains various human resource statistical data;
- Participates in various labour relations and collective bargaining activities and tasks, as required including the co-ordination of grievance meetings and responses;
- Participates in various health and safety activities and tasks, including respirator fit testing; and
- Participate in and/or Chair committees as assigned by the Manager, Human Resources.
- Minimum of three (3) years related human resources or administrative experience preferably in a unionized environment;
- Post-secondary education in human resources or business administration or equivalent required;
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation preferred;
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized, with well developed time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines, effectively handle multiple priorities and follow-up;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, with exceptional customer service orientation and the ability to get along with diverse personalities with tact and diplomacy;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A team player, with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, as required;
- A self-starter who is results oriented and posses a positive “can do” attitude;
- Computer literacy at the intermediate to advance level is essential, with proficiency in the following software packages: MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; with and an aptitude for computer-based tools; and
- Highly professional, with the ability to exercise discretion and tact with sensitive and confidential situations.
Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence to Roger Carlos, Manager Human Resources at email@example.com
Deadline: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Villa Colombo’s policies, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Villa Colombo’s hiring process. To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.