HR & Training Coordinator - Toronto
Location / Lieu: National Head Office, 10 Overlea Blvd., Toronto ON
Position / Poste: HR & Training Coordinator - Full-time
Duties / Fonctions:
Reporting to the Associate Director of HR and the Training Institute, the Human Resources Coordinator will coordinate the implementation of a number of diverse HR programs and projects that foster a climate wherein working for March of Dimes Canada is an attractive and fulfilling prospect. Also, as the primary support to the Training Institute, the Coordinator contributes to the planning, development and implementation of multi-provincial staff training, and marketing strategies to achieve its business goals.
- Facilitate current HR initiatives and assist in the development and implementation of new initiatives to increase employee engagement and promote our MODC brand.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of yearly internal and external training calendar including collaborating with a team of internal and external facilitators, reviewing proposals from training vendors, maintaining updates on new legislation or mandatory requirements, drafting communication and creating promotional materials.
- HR support lead in the implementation and administration of an organization wide Learning Management System and assist in the development of policies and procedures.
- Research opportunities for the Training Institute, assist with Request-for-Proposals writing and review process to ensure high quality, competitive and winning RFPs.
- Provide support in the implementation of MODC’s Quality of Work Life (employee engagement surveys), National Management Conference, and Accessibility, Employment Equity and Diversity initiatives across Canada.
- Track and report on metrics to support continual improvement of employee engagement.
- Write and distribute organization-wide HR communications using various tools including but not limited to company Intranet, web content, newsletter, and other documents in support of employment brand activities.
- Perform a wide range of HR work ranging from complex to routine, in collaboration with the HR management team, all of which contribute to the efficient and professional operation of the HR department; serve as a back-up for other HR Coordinators to ensure continuity of services.
- Undertake special projects as required.
Qualifications / Compétences requises:
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources and CHRP designation. Further studies in training and organizational development or education is considered an asset
- Minimum three (3) years of Human Resources experience, with proven success managing multiple program priorities
- Current knowledge of Canadian HR Legislation and employment laws combined with the ability to interpret and communicate human resources policies and procedures, related legislation and regulations
- Strong familiarity with various HR systems and Learning Management Systems and associated functionality and processes
- Proficient in a variety of computer applications requiring use of complex word processing functions, spreadsheets and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and build professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail and accuracy
Applications accepted until / Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au: March 26, 2019
Send application and resume to / Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Shirley Marie Garcia
Position: Associate Director, Human Resources
Address (#, street/rue, suite, city/ville, province, postal code): 10 Overlea Blvd. Toronto, ON M4H 1A4
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.