Human Resources Coordinator
CMHA Peel Dufferin is recruiting for a Human Resources Coordinator to serve employees in Peel and Dufferin Region
Under the direction of the HR Manager, the HR Coordinator will provide HR and administrative support to the Human Resources Manager in areas including full-cycle recruitment, benefits administration, employee relations and maintaining employee records and information.
Two positions are available : 1 Permanent, 1 - 18 Month contract
Salary Band : $46,400-$53,900
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES DELIVERY
- Support HR team with full cycle recruitment –manage and track recruitment requisitions, post jobs on social media and web boards, review resumes and match applicants skills with job requirements, schedule and book interviews with hiring managers, screen candidates, prepare interview guides, follow up with candidates about interviews, conduct references
- Prepare, maintain and update personnel files, including new hire files, managing confidential information as required
- Update Job Descriptions as per direction of HR Manager
- Coordinate the CMHA/Peel New Hire Orientation program for new staff by communicating with all concerned parties (staff & managers); manage logistics for the orientation as per direction from HR Manager
- Add new employees, update and maintain employees’ information in payroll system & HRIS
- Add new employees to the benefits system and make changes to employee status as needed
- Ensure that new hire orientation checklists are completed by Program; follow up with Program Managers and Program Admins and file the checklists as probation is complete
- To organize logistics and activities for employee training and development days as required; Update and maintain training logs for all staff; ensure staff are registered through the organizational website and follow up on training reports.
- Responsible for verification of employee qualifications by following up with professional colleges and associations on an annual basis.
- Responsible for providing administrative support to HR manager in various projects.
- File annual Summer Student applications to the Canada Student Grant and support Program Managers in hire of summer students; ensure appropriate summer student documentation after hire is maintained.
- Tracking staff claims regarding professional development and car insurance
- Support HR Manager with Policytech system administration
- Maintain the “Scheduler” for staff as assigned and follow up with Managers on any outstanding approvals.
- Work closely with Payroll staff on Vacation, sick time and lieu time reports for staff and inform Program Managers of any issues or concerns;
- Maintain and update the HR department’s database ensuring that the policies and processes, employees lists, and confidential company data is managed securely.
- Other related duties
- Support employees and management and communicate with them on any organizational policies and procedures, as directed by the HR manager
- Liaise with benefit carriers as required
- Maintain the HR department in a well-coordinated and professional manner.
- University Degree or College diploma with post-secondary education in Human Resources
- At least 2 years of generalist HR experience, supporting an HR department.
Knowledge and Skills
- Some Knowledge of the Ontario Employments Standards Act, Human Rights Legislation and Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive client oriented attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast paced HR department and to
- take initiative when needed
- Strong computer skills – MS Word, Excel, Internet, Outlook, databases
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a sometimes stressful environment
- Demonstrated leadership in organizational committees, projects and other work groups
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with management and front-line staff
- Able to manage system ambiguity in a professional manner
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to work well in a fast paced; constantly shifting and changing healthcare landscape
- Office work- use of standard office equipment
- Long hours of computer work; may cause eye strain
CMHA Peel Dufferin provides a supportive work environment with a competitive salary, generous training opportunities, excellent benefits and an emphasis on work-life balance. For a list of our Total Rewards, please visit the Careers page on our website: http://cmhapeeldufferin.ca/
CMHA Peel Dufferin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CMHA Peel Dufferin will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates through the hiring process, under the Human rights Code. Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.