Director, Human Resources Delivery
4 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
GSC is not your traditional benefits provider. We’re different, and that’s a good thing.
As Canada’s only national not-for-profit health and dental benefits specialist, our reason for being is to create innovative solutions that improve access to better health. Committed to providing effective cost containment strategies, advanced technology, and exceptional customer service, GSC manages and administers benefit plan programs for plan members nation-wide.
GSC is recognized as an exceptional place to work with an energetic culture that derives from our commitment to Canadian health care. We pride ourselves on our innovative solutions that lead the industry.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Director, Human Resources Delivery is responsible for leading a team of HR Business Partners and Service Partners, who support our GSC Leaders and all employees nationally in fulfilling our business objectives and delivering on our Mission. He/She is a strategic Leader in regards to team effectiveness, employee and labour relations, employee engagement and change management, and is accountable for health and safety, ergonomic, and other programs that contribute to a progressive, productive, and high performing work environment. He/She is a self-starter with an engaging, highly collaborative leadership style, and solid influencing and facilitation skills.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Optimize the delivery of Human Resources related activities from an enterprise level and deliver results aligned with the Strategic Plan and Human Resources Strategy.
- Foster and maintain strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders including GSC Leaders and union partners; committed to establish and maintain a highly collaborative approach.
- Lead a high performing Human Resources team who engages proactively with GSC Leaders and delivers Human Resources expertise, coaching and support to assure attainment of their department strategies and goals.
- Actively influence the attainment of the GSC inclusive, unique and high performing organization culture.
- Facilitate and coach regarding organization structure changes and talent acquisition needs; integrate a strategic view leveraging knowledge in strategic resource planning.
- Provide strategic leadership and practice a collaborative approach in labour relations, including collective bargaining.
- Ensure progressive health management, health and safety, and ergonomic programs.
- Provide subject matter expertise in change management; enable teams who are focused on GSC and department goals, and who are agile to respond to changing priorities.
- Act as a trusted advisor in high-pressure, confidential, and/or sensitive situations that require sound judgment and decision making.
- Lead projects in support of emerging needs, or to enhance GSC or Human Resources strategy or effectiveness; demonstrate leadership, influence, agility, and action orientation to achieve objectives.
- Elicit ongoing feedback regarding the effectiveness of Human Resources services and activities and engage proactively in continuous improvement.
- Collaborate actively with peer Directors regarding the ongoing Human Resources Strategy (vision, planning, and leadership) and delivering the ultimate employee experience.
- Participate in the delivery of presentations to GSC Leadership, including the Executive Management Committee and/or the Board of Directors as required.
- Embrace GSC’s Vision, Mission and Values, as well as GSC leadership behaviours.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This position requires some/all of the following minimum competencies and qualifications:
- University degree in Business, or Human Resources complimented with a Human Resources designation (CHRL or equivalent).
- Track record of leading a team of Human Resources professionals and delivering Human Resources expertise to a diverse stakeholder group.
- Knowledge of current and emerging legislation, trends and technologies to influence Human Resources strategy considerations or decisions.
- Seasoned, confident and articulate communicator who excels in collaboration.
- Experience in leading the labour relations function, including collective bargaining.
- Competent in leading plans and budgets related to effective, organization-wide health management, health and safety, and ergonomic programs.
- Subject matter expertise in employee engagement and change management.
- Skilled leader and advisor; experienced in developing varied Human Resources strategies, frameworks, and plans to enable attainment of business and team goals.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite as well as varied Human Resources tools and systems.
- Superior project management skills.
This position requires the following other requirements:
- Innovative thinker and problem solver; the ability to see how all the pieces fit together and contribute to the achievement of broader organizational objectives.
- Ability to ‘roll up the sleeves’ and get involved at a detailed level in order to ensure optimal business performance.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to build positive and productive relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Has a drive for results tempered with an appreciation for organizational structures, processes, and change management; thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Highly developed planning, organizing and negotiation skills; can manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic; manage issues of a sensitive nature where discretion, sound judgment and confidentiality are required.
- Embodies the corporate values of GSC.
- Ability to travel is required.
GSC is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your needs.