Job Evaluation Specialist
4 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada's leading comprehensive innovation university. To learn more about our work environment, colleagues, leaders, students and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU and @RyersonHR on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page. Equity, diversity and inclusion are part of our DNA at Ryerson and we're intentional about making sure these values are part of everything we do. As employers, we're working towards a people first culture and we're proud to have been selected as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2015, 2016, and 2017.
A bit about our team
We are a team of human resources experts and innovators who contribute to the achievement of Ryerson University's strategic priorities. We partner with our clients to create and deliver outstanding practical and strategic human resource solutions, programs and services that enhance workplace culture, engagement and inclusion. You can find out more about our people first philosophy and values by reading about who we are and what we do online.
The Total Compensation team is looking for a Job Evaluation Specialist to provide analytical, technical and administrative expertise to assigned client departments in the creation and review of positions, completion of related job evaluations, participation in the development, implementation and maintenance of job evaluation policies, programs and systems for Ryerson’s unionized and non-unionized employee groups.
- Supports client departments in designing, documenting and evaluating positions.
- Leads structural planning and review of client department areas by providing analytical, technical and administrative support based on best practices in organization design, job design and analysis.
- Provides guidance and direction to Ryerson management, faculty and staff in the interpretation of job evaluation and compensation policies and practices, as well as in the resolution of related issues, and actively supports ongoing job evaluation projects.
This is a Temporary Opportunity from May 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
Qualifications: Please clearly indicate in your cover letter and your resume how you meet the following required qualifications:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree, preferably in a Business/Human Resources Management program with a minimum of three (3) years solid experience writing job descriptions, analyzing and evaluating job content using point-factor Job Evaluation system, maintaining pay equity, ideally in a large unionized institutional environment, as well as experience in such areas as salary administration, compensation surveys and policy development. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong analytical and research skills to research information, analyze and present results and recommendations; to determine extent of changes to existing positions, impact on other related positions and complete job evaluation or related compensation issues.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy are required to provide- consultation, advice and assistance to client departments, to ensure appropriate job information is collected, job documentation is complete and appropriate for job evaluation, based on Ryerson job evaluation programs for non-union and union employee groups, and in compliance with relevant legislation and consistent with Ryerson's broader job evaluation and compensation objectives
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Visio, Google Suite applications such as Google docs, sheets and slides, Google drive and folders, as well as familiarity with Internet browsers, e-mail applications to collect, analyze and maintain data, and produce reports.
- Demonstrated organizational and decision-making skills are needed to meet tight and conflicting deadlines from multiple client groups.
- Ability to maintain confidentially and objectivity at all times while working with sensitive and confidential information.
- Candidates will be asked to demonstrate qualifications through an occupational test.
- Candidates must have demonstrated record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Applications can only be accepted online via our website with a cover letter and resume (as one PDF).