Business Partner, Human Resources
Maru/Matchbox, a Maru Group company, has been pushing the boundaries of the customer market insights space globally. Unifying deep sector expertise with cloud-based customer insights communities, we take a results-focused, consultative approach to helping clients better understand what motivates their customers and influences their markets, so they can act decisively and win.
Our Strategy? Add value to our clients, continuously leading the way in delivering research, insight and advisory services powered by cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Business Partner, Human Resources
We are looking for someone who has a “can do” attitude, is energetic, driven and thrives working in a changing, forward thinking and collaborative environment. Reporting to the Global, Chief People Officer, the Business Partner will be responsible for building integral and strong relationships across the company. A trusted advisor, the incumbent will understand and proactively support the strategic goals as they relate to staffing, engagement, performance and the development of our people.
In your role, you will:
- Partner with the business to achieve its objectives by identifying human resources and organizational development issues and by leading the analysis and diagnosis of client needs;
- Design, develop and deliver tailored HR solutions to the business units’ needs;
- Lead best in class HR practices and objectives, ensuring alignment with Company strategy, specifically in the areas of; talent management, employee relations, organizational planning, learning and development, compensation, employee engagement and performance management;
- Lead HR programs and initiatives that best align with a positive, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and goal attainment
- Partner and provide coaching and consultative support to management on leadership development, talent and performance management, change and people management issues;
- Guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies and programs for the company such as performance management, organization planning and development, compliance, people training and development;
- Provide coaching and consultative support to employees on personal and professional development and goal attainment, playing an employee advocate role;
- Working closely with the HR team, establish the company compensation structure, pay policies, and oversees the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and merit increases;
- Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to Sr. Recruiter and HR Associate;
- Measure HR service level and quality to ensure HR is adding value to business unit and identify external business and market trends, anticipate external influences and adjust HR strategies;
- Monitor, review and make recommendations to Benefits plan design, ensuring rates and coverage levels remain competitive with market and offer minimal disruption to our employee experience;
- Leads compliance with existing employment legislation in North America, maintaining minimal company exposure to legal action.
- Minimum seven (7) years or more of progressive Human Resources experience;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources/Business or Organization Development;
- Seasoned HR professional who can demonstrate relationship management breadth and influence in leading, planning and executing strategic initiatives
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational development, change management, organization development, employee relations and learning and development;
- Proven track record of delivering results by demonstrating the ability to take independent action with a strong sense of urgency.
- Self motivated team player with high energy and ability to work independently.
- You are skilled at identifying the needs in development and working closely with the business to propose appropriate solutions and creative interventions;
- You are a team player, change agent, project manager and you can manage several clients simultaneously;
- You have a high level of customer orientation; strong oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and HRIS systems - preferably BambooHR;
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills;
- Demonstrated ability to interact with employees at all levels of the company;
- Excellent organizational skills and the proven ability to prioritize various deliverables with conflicting deadlines.
Ready to join our team?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, we invite you to apply online now.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in Maru/Matchbox and encourage you to constantly check our website for a list of all current opportunities.
Maru/Matchbox is an equal opportunity employer