Senior Human Resources Generalist
The Sr HR Generalist provides Human Resources support to assigned function, including but not limited to, recruitment and retention, staffing and orientation, employee relations, project management, training and development, and assisting in the coordination of human resource planning initiatives. 5+ years related experience.
- Provides day to day business HR partnership and consultation for assigned functional team and functional leadership.
- Provide coaching and advice to management on effective ways to administer HR programs and manage and resolve complex employee issues.
- Leads the implementation of approved employee relations' policies and practices, providing professional and technical assistance to functional leadership.
- Leads overall organization of Human Resource programs within the assigned function, including but not limited to, EEO, unemployment, litigation, retention, termination, turnover, and severance issues
- Partners with cross-functional HR peers, HR centers of excellence and other business support functions including but not limited to, Staffing, Compensation, Payroll, Benefits, Finance and Legal on various business needs.
- Implements approved programs and policies to ensure enhancement and acceptance of diversity and proper EEO/AAP legal compliance.
- Facilitate, in partnership with staffing organization and the business partners, recruitment pipeline for current openings, candidate selection and future talent needs.
- Design and execute ad hoc reporting, conducts analysis and draws conclusions that aide in making sound business decisions.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related degree required
- CHRP and/or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Human Resources
- Demonstrated experience with Canadian employment law and regulations, employment sourcing, communications, human relations, and management skills
- Demonstrated experience with benefits and compensation administration, market pricing, labor law, and organizational development
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and problem solving
- Effective and deliberate communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Workday or other HRIS
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change in a dynamic business environment as well as conflict management and mediation skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consulting relationships and influence business leaders through coaching and partnership