Recipe Unlimited Corporation is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company, home to some of Canada’s most iconic brands including Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, Pickle Barrel, The Keg, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s.
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Manager with advanced payroll processing and technical skills, extensive payroll compliance and regulatory experience and a proven track record of managing large projects, navigating change and leading your team to success. This position partners and works closely with restaurant operations and head office teams to provide payroll guidance, operational support and payroll problem resolution across the organization.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and full accountability of all activities related to payroll processes for approximately 10,000 hourly and salaried employees across Canada;
- Mentoring, developing and motivating a team of five, by fostering an inclusive work environment;
- Managing the day-to-day relationship with Ceridian, the company’s payroll platform and payroll services provider;
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) and administrator for Ceridian Dayforce Core Elements, Payroll and Time & Attendance;
- Establishing, monitoring and maintaining controls for payroll related activities including: configuration of the Dayforce platform, new hires, terminations, regulatory reporting and remitting, leave/vacation accruals, payroll reconciliations, benefit management, etc.;
- Ensuring compliance with legislative regulations and audits;
- Ensuring your team operates with effective and efficient processes in each of their respective areas while complying with standards and regulations;
- Troubleshooting errors or problems arising within systems integrated with the payroll process (i.e. restaurant labour management system and time and attendance systems);
- Evaluating existing payroll policies, procedures and processes to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Creating and maintaining internal payroll policies, processes and checklists;
- Acting as the subject matter expert on all aspects of payroll, to resolve escalated or high-risk issues or concerns as required;
- Liaise and build relationships with the operations leaders and employees you support.
As the ideal candidate, you will offer:
- Minimum of 5 years Payroll Manager experience
- Deep knowledge of payroll regulations, Laws and related practices
- Strong leadership with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of managing large projects with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver objectives, with a strong focus on details and deadlines
- Experience with Ceridian payroll platforms is an asset (we are currently transitioning from a legacy Ceridian payroll product to Ceridian Dayforce)
- Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) certification required
Recipe offers a great open office work environment, with a competitive salary and bonus, group benefits, subsidized on-site cafeteria, on-site gym facilities and a 20% discount at most of our restaurants.
As part of our accessibility commitment, we are committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants, and will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she may require.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with us however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.