Annis O’Sullivan Vollebekk (AOV) is a privately-owned, independent, multi-disciplined Professional Land Surveying firm based in the Ottawa area, offering clientele a wide range of services in topographic, hydrographic, cadastral, geodetic and engineering surveys. In addition to providing for a full range of land development consulting services, including severance, subdivision design & layouts, and condominiums projects; AOV also plays a key role in creating strata-ownership and easement limits for multi-use developments. AOV is an ongoing participant in the local LRT initiative.
Our employees come to work everyday doing something that they know really matters – they help ensure homes, condos and other new or existing construction are laid out in compliance with designs and drawings. We also help our clients to understand where their property boundaries are which can lead to keeping the peace between neighbours!
We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist who is creative and passionate about all facets of HR and client services! In addition, we are looking for someone who can help drive our organization forward and develop our HR function. We need someone who knows their stuff, keeps learning more stuff and can openly discuss that stuff with other talented people.
- Oversee all HR operations and administrative requirements
- Ensure proactive compliance with HR laws, regulations and requirements and advise managers and employees in their application
- Creating, updating and interpreting HR Policies and procedures for management and staff
- Work closely with the payroll administrator to ensure pay, benefits and other forms of compensation are up to date
- Execute on the HR plan including development and management of programs that support recruitment, succession planning, compensation, benefits, retention and engagement
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Manage on-boarding process to ensure the effective integration of new employees
- In conjunction with management, managing the performance management process, providing guidance on processes and evaluations
- Identify training needs and gaps in close cooperation with managers; ensure all legal and statutory training requirements are met; on occasion you may be required to plan, organize and deliver in-house training on a range of subject matters
- Develop and maintain human resource metrics to assess and measure the effectiveness of human resources programs and service delivery
- Managing employee leave tracking, file maintenance, the collection and compilation of metrics and employee data
- Oversee and organize exit interviews and related processes
- Providing guidance to management in termination process
- Management employee relations issues
- Managing and supporting communications from management to employees
- Supporting and promoting organizational initiatives
- Other duties in support of HR as required
Knowledge and Education
- Completion of University degree or College diploma in Business with a focus on Human Resources is preferred
- CHRP or CHRL designation
Skills and Experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist with experience in all areas of HR practice
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop staff
- Professional, personable and excellent problem-solving skills with sound judgment
- Superior customer service attitude along with the ability to build and maintain strong relations both internally and externally
Nice to Haves:
- Self-starter and self-motivated to learn
- Experience with BambooHR is an asset
- Knowledge of the Construction or related industry considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work with various level of management across various business units
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in the Engineering industry, submit your resume by Applying for this Job.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Annis O’Sullivan Vollebekk is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.