Lead Hand Recruiter
Dicom Transportation Group is currently hiring for a permanent full time, Team Lead – recruiter
The team lead is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the recruitment plan and process of Dicom Transportation Group Canada Inc with the collaboration of the Director of HR. The person will identify personnel requirements, evaluate recruitment standards and best practices, and coordinate job postings, interviews and candidate selections. The person will also write, revise and edit job descriptions and will represent Dicom Transportation Group Canada Inc. as an "employer of choice". The team lead plays a critical role in ensuring Dicom Transportation Group Canada Inc. hires the best possible candidates by developing and executing industry leading recruitment plans and networking through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Design, develop and maintain the recruitment plan and process of Dicom Transportation Group Canada Inc..
- Liaison with management to identify personnel needs across all positions, including the possible creation of new positions.
- Evaluate recruitment and selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional standards and best practices;
- Implement and analyses statistics around recruitment factors
- Maintain current knowledge of Pay Equity, human rights, labour legislation changes and employment standards guidelines and laws.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position and train Recruiters and line managers on its usage.
- Create, update and revise job descriptions.
- Recruit applicants for open positions, making public presentations regarding the organization and job opportunities; coordinating staff participation, set up, and work at job fairs.
- Coordinate all internal recruitment processes including job postings, transfers or promotions of selected employees ensuring all applicable standards in hiring are met.
- Utilize the Internet, social and professional websites for recruitment, as well as external recruitment agencies and job centers.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Provide selected candidates with conditional offer of employment (verbal and written), confirm employment and schedule orientation.
- Formally hire applicants and authorize paperwork assigning them to positions.
- Monitors and strives to reduce the costs of the recruitment process.
- Conducts job interviews for the managerial job positions (or key jobs in the organization).
- Manages and develops the team of HR Recruiters.
- Diploma/Degree in Human Resources or other appropriate field.
- Minimum (5) years of recruitment experience.
- Minimum (2) years of management experience.
- Demonstrated interviewing and training skills.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and employees.
- Excellent ability with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working in a result focused environment.
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills.
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and organizational goals.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.