ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Lead and coordinates efforts to achieve site EHS goals and objectives
- Drives and promotes zero incident culture and employee engagement throughout the business
- Ensure audits are completed on a regular basis of the office areas, warehouse, and job sites to detect existing or potential risks and hazards. Ensure the recommended corrective or preventative measures are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure contractors and subcontractors have implemented an effective safety process by conducting pre-qualifications and by visiting/auditing job sites on a regular basis.
- Visit job sites, offices and Parts Centers on a regular basis to ensure effective implementation of EHS processes and programs.
- Facilitate EHS training and orientation where appropriate, identify EHS related training requirements for associates and support processes to ensure training effectiveness and compliance Use established EHS data processes to manage & report data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items, and other pertinent information.
- Analyze safety data to lead and coordinate the safety effort for continual improvement.
- Implement applicable EHS policies and procedures to be followed in compliance with IR, local, provincial and national rules and regulations
- Participate on district and corporate teams as needed to assist in the development and implementation of safety policies and procedures as required by the SBU or local legislation
- Establish and maintain facility specific management plans for hazardous waste and non-hazardous materials. Audit treatment, storage, disposal and recycling facilities that handle, process and dispose all operational wastes.
- Support offices environmental and refrigerant management programs.
- Organize and manage teams (ie health and safety comittees) to identify and implement safety improvements, waste reductions and resource conservation. Drive incident and near miss reporting. Perform root cause analysis on incidents and injuries to determine specific actions needed to prevent their reoccurrence.
- Evaluate non standard tasks to uncover risks and identify corrective actions
- Coach/mentor employees on safe work practices, hazard identification and risk management
- Oversee the administration of the workers' compensation program, administering the return to work program and being responsible for case management.
- Prepare technical EHS regulatory reporting
- Complete risk assessments and recommend control measures for all potential areas of concerns
- Manage the safety data sheet and new chemical request process
- Oversee the facility emergency response team to ensure appropriate training in emergency response, spill response, disaster preparedness and crisis management. Ensure drills and equipment are in a ready state and effective communication of responsibilities to personnel
- Serve as the primary EHS contact for facility EHS emergencies