Director Human Resources Operations
Director, Human Resources Operation
Please note that this position supports multiple operational facilities (Brampton, London and Mitchell, ON) and frequent travel is required.
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources and Labour Relations, the Director, Human Resources Operations leads the development of culture and key capabilities at the assigned operational facilities (Brampton, London and Mitchell) to secure and maintain a productive, diverse and engaged workforce. The Director ensures relevant HR interventions and services to assist the facilities in the attainment of their goals and objectives.
- At the assigned facilities, provide leadership and expertise in the development of HR programs and strategies to enable Sofina production facilities to achieve their goals and execute operational excellence;
- Leads the establishment of effective employee and labour relations at the assigned facilities to mitigate negative impact of employee and labour issues;
- Drives employee engagement and improves organizational productivity by creating a positive employee environment and driving the value added initiatives, such as performance management, succession planning, and engagement survey;
- Liaise with Plant Managers, Vice President, Operations and HR Managers/Generalists to understand and identify gaps and continuous improvement opportunities at the plants;
- Supports proper staffing levels and uninterrupted production cycle at the assigned facilities through adhering to required policies and procedures.
- A degree in Human Resources Management with a minimum of 10 years of relevant HR management experience;
- Demonstrated successful work experiences in a multi-facility unionized manufacturing/processing environment driving alignment and results;
- Strong management and leadership skills, a proven collaborator and influencer with a strong service orientation;
- Effective communication, mediation, change management, and facilitation of business partnership skills;
- Competent in office software including Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Frequent travel between facilities is required.